• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

With tongue firmly in cheek........

Stax

Flight Sergeant
When I was a smally boy on the OCU at the small V bomber unit on the A15, we used to go to swing breakfast at about 0300 before we sacked it for the night.

One night the conversation got around to the Airmens mess, which was reputedly haunted by a WW2 Lancaster pilot. Legend had it that the upstairs had been the briefing room for the bomber crew's and Chef's working alone hated if they had to go upstairs.

Sitting adjacent were a couple of dog handlers who scoffed at the idea of a haunted dining room and made light of the Chef's fears. "Here" says one of them "I'll prove it, dogs are sensitive to that kind of thing, I've got mine in the wagon, I'll bring him in"

The dog was duly brought in and the copper proceeded up the stairs. When the dog got to the first landing, it stopped and it's hackles went up, a low growl came from the back of it's throat and it started to back away. No matter what he did this dog was going nowhere, it scrabbled, whined and started to bark and snap at his handler. The atmosphere was cold and an eerie feeling made the hairs on your neck stand up.

The copper gave up and we all, quickly, moved back into the well lit downstairs dining room. No more was said and we all avoided each others eyes.

I am the bloke who your mate's mate knows who told him the story!

firestorm

Warrant Officer
...........try going onto Delta or Echo dispersal's on the same base, Ermine street runs straight through 'em. We didn't sit there for long! :eek:

Goaty

Corporal
A police dog did the very same thing in the Armoury at Aldergrove. There's a corridor where the toilets lead off. Corridor and rest of Armoury boiling hot, radiator in toilet boiling hot but the toilet was always freezing cold. The police dog got as far as the bog door and would go no further. Truly bizarre.....

budgie

The new Dirk Diggler
18 Sqn's HAS site at Laarbruch went through the Siegfried line, and round one the HAS's an old German soldier would be found smoking. Well, that's what a mate of a mate told me.

F

FOMP

Stax,

I must have been one of the "Flying Bowman" at the same time as you at Scampers, and remeber well that plaque above the door upstairs in the JRM, about how "119 Airman were briefed here" etc....... Just reading it sent a shiver down the spine, as for stories about that room, there was the one about the trolley that went from one end of the dining room to the other (under it's own steam) during a summer lunch time whoooooaaaaa. Is it true that the Fighter Controllers have gutted the old JRM and turned it into a Sector HQ or something? The old boys won't be very pleased about that on dark cold nights!

Just an aside, next time you watch the film The Dam Busters, concentrate on the scene right at the end where Gibson is talking to Wallis outside the JRM. You'll seen a black dog about a 200 yards behind them go behind a small tree.....and he doesn't come out the other side! Honest have a look yourselves. :eek:

O

oldhamboy1967

Scampton

Scampton

It's true, our new CRC has been installed in the JRM! :eek:

Maybe it'll appear on Most Haunted...

I

Inch High PI

Nice one give Yvette Fielding a kick in the TiT$ for me

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Inch High PI said:
Nice one give Yvette Fielding a kick in the TiT$ for me

Why kick her in the tit$? She is a very nice young lady who, if asked politely, would probably let you bash her back doors in! I do of course mean the back doors of the latest haunted castle that she is filming in this particular week. That Derek Acorah though is he a 7wa7 or what!

Anyway, reminicing with FOMP, 230 OCU, 1978 to 1980, then ESG until 82. Went to the bop every wednesday, even when on nights, solids in the JRM, a few scoops in the bowl, then electric wrestling until the next sortie landed.......ah happy days!

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Derek Acorah. Is it me, or if there is a spirit world out there, would it really chosse to communicate with us through a camp scouse w@nker?

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Yvette Fielding. Sh1t scared of ghosties and stuff so goes to 'haunted' places for a living.

Thick as mince or playing up to the camera's?

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

And another Derek Acorah thread - Scott Mills (off the Radio) had a fantastic clip of the camp scouse pr@ saying something about a girl called Mary who loved a bloke called Richard, (Dick for short). If anyone can find a link to the sound clip please post it - it's hillarious!

fatbaldchief

Corporal
Seen loads me

Seen loads me

Spent many years at Scampi and saw many many spooks. One of my favourite ones has just been spotted this last week by one of my Non Believers!! That'll teach you! FBC is all knowing and all powerful !! :D

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Weebl said:
Yvette Fielding. Sh1t scared of ghosties and stuff so goes to 'haunted' places for a living.

Thick as mince or playing up to the camera's?

Hmmmmm difficult one that. It's like that cockney git that does the "medium in the studio" show (my daughter used to watch it on Living TV) He stands there with one hand on his temple saying "Yeah I'm gettin a letter its an A or an H or an N" whilst he waves in the general direction of the crowd. When someone nods a bit he latches on to them and spins them some 5hit about "He/She loves you and says if you empty the spittoon you might find a surprise, yeah! ferkin' phlegm" The gullible 7wa7s believe him, of course he's half way there 'cos they have gone to see hi in the first place! ****3r!

Talking of Living TV, Grace from "Will and Grace" would you? And which of the charmed sisters? My answers are a) Yes, b) All of them!

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Stax said:
Talking of Living TV, Grace from "Will and Grace" would you? And which of the charmed sisters? My answers are a) Yes, b) All of them!

A) Yes
B) All of them, including the one off Beverly Hills 90210 who used to be in it.

In a big jacuzzi.

At the same time.

With Grace off Will and Grace. :D

I

Inch High PI

We could entice Yvette Fielding onto a station by telling her there is a "ghost/Spirit" in the mess and then when she least expects it kick her tits in (or her back doors for you Stax!!! :p )

Wouldn't mind getting spiritual on that Derek bloke with a motorbike chain. :mad:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
In fact talking about 7wa7s, the following list, yes or no?

Chris Evans
Dale Winton
Johnny Vegas
The Fat Irish git from the lottery
Any local newsreader who patronises guests
David Beckham
David Baddiel/Frank Skinner (as a pair or individually)
Any TV Medium/Ghosthunter
Ant & Dec
Chris Evans (again)
That Fat Patronising git on Radio 1

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Sorry, my fault, I took us off thread. So! back in the 80's there was a bloke called "Chalky" White (not real name but close enough) who worked in POL at the small V bomber base on the A15. We had a contract with the local garage for civgas for a few weeks whilst the pumps were being serviced on camp. He got caught putting some in his Capri and was court martialled for theft (and the stackers secondary charge, "abuse of a priveliged position", I think scribblies used to get that one for fraud as well). Now Chalky was a big lad 17-18 stone perhaps when he went off for a 28 day holiday to Catterick nick. I was told by a mate of a mate that when he got back he had lost so much weight he had to get a new ID because his face had changed, and the RAF billed him for new uniform because he had to replace everything. Apparantly Burton's made a few bob off him as well! Thats a hell of a diet innit!

C

Cat of Shadows

Spooky Stories of the RAF

Spooky Stories of the RAF

Stax said:
The dog was duly brought in and the copper proceeded up the stairs. When the dog got to the first landing, it stopped and it's hackles went up, a low growl came from the back of it's throat and it started to back away. No matter what he did this dog was going nowhere, it scrabbled, whined and started to bark and snap at his handler.

Stax,

If you're an old Scampers mate, wasn't there a similar story about the bomb dump?

The story from the late 80's that I heard from an old RAFP smelly mate of mine was that the dump at Scampers doubled up as a WWII 'wash down' point for the 'beat ups' post sortie.

The level of supernatural activity on the site used to be well reported including the one night when, following an alarm trip at the dump, the duty Feds sent the dogs in to investigate, only, like your recount of the JRM haunting, it resulted in all the dogs either refusing to go in or exiting quite swiftly, whimpering and with full heckles.

Just wondered if you knew it was true?

As an aside I think the scariest story I ever heard was from a mate of a mate called Dinger about the Signals Unit at Gatow...............god bless the Cold War!! It's been some time since Windy told Dinger who then told me, so some of the detail could be lost in translation.

Apparantly, the SU located at Gatow was accommodated in a converted WWII Luftwaffe hanger. As with the Sy set up for these places the Fed on the CofE point held PIT tags and knew who was in when and generally where. On a particular night shift, when manning was reduced anyway for silent hours, a handful of operators were stagging on in the Ops room when one young JT had the call of nature. The story goes that during the course of his 'evacuation' another person entered the gents, acknowledged said presence of JT, who returned compliment. Said JT automatically assumed without question that the figure was a colleague and did not really pay much attention, he then finished, leaving the figure in the gents.

However on return to the Ops room, he realised that there was something different about the individual and that all of his colleagues were at their posts and could not have got back before him. Additionally, the solitary Fed was firmly at his post in the CofE. No-one had played a practical joke.

Now apart from the JT later claiming that the figures uniform was not typically RAF, and a full sweep of the Unit being conducted for fear of a compromise, nothing more was heard for a number of years, that is untill some significant works services were conducted in the SU. Whilst works were ongoing workman unearthed a capped, concrete staircase leading from what would have been the base of the hangar floor and at the bottom was a solid wooden door adorned with Luftwaffe markings and 1940s era German scripting. On opening the door a very large vault/room was discovered with the remains of several fully clothed Luftwaffe aircrew in WWII uniforms.

It later transpired that in the final throws of the 3rd Reich, Hitler had personally ordered the internment of his remaining most able Luftwaffe pilots, ready for when they would be needed to recommence the fight if Berlin should fall. As a result, the other hangers at Gatow were subsequently excavated and similar remains were found.

So what do you think of that Yvette Fielding??

Last edited: