• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wisdom teeth

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
The problem is mate I don't have a dentist and the waiting list is over 6 months and my wisdom teeth are getting worse by the day. You're obviously not a dentist so if you've nothing helpfull to say keep it shut.

1. I am not your mate.
2. Phone the Emergency Dental Helpline, I cannot give you the number or do this for you because I don't know what area you live in. I presume you do? Regardless of you being registered with an NHS Dentist or not you are entitled to emergency treatment.
3. Get over the attitude.

N

nickc847

1. I am not your mate.
2. Phone the Emergency Dental Helpline, I cannot give you the number or do this for you because I don't know what area you live in. I presume you do? Regardless of you being registered with an NHS Dentist or not you are entitled to emergency treatment.
3. Get over the attitude.

Thanks for numbering that for me otherwise I would have struggled. I'm not on here to argue with you mate or anyone else so if thats what you're looking for you won't find it here I'm just looking for help. As for the attitude comment maybe you should take you're own advice on that one.
Thanks for everyone elses help I'll check see if there are any dental schools in the area if not I'll call the emergency helpline. Thanks again

Jenga

LAC
Apparently, I've never had wisdom teeth. I feel like I've missed out on life after reading all this :pDT_Xtremez_37: Using a special brush (single tuft, super small head, marketed as interdental brushes) for those pesky impacted but symptom-free wisdom teeth sounds like a right hoot.

D

DE Scumbag

Apparently, I've never had wisdom teeth. I feel like I've missed out on life after reading all this :pDT_Xtremez_37: Using a special brush (single tuft, super small head, marketed as interdental brushes) for those pesky impacted but symptom-free wisdom teeth sounds like a right hoot.

My wisdom teeth have never appeared either, (I am now 44) so feel a little disappointed too.

I couldn't get an NHS dentist when I left the RAF so went to a private dentist. With the dental insurance it costs about the same as NHS treatment anyway!

B

bluem&m's

Antibiotics

Antibiotics

Nick,
If you are certain you have an infection and can't get to see a dentist quickly, get a GP to issue you a prescription for antibiotics. If you are not allergic to penicillin, get 500mg Amoxycillin 3xday for 5 days or, if you are, 400mg Metronidazole 3xday for 5 days.
Incidentally, is this an upper or lower wisdom tooth?
And where are you based?
PM me if you need.

N

nickc847

Nick,
If you are certain you have an infection and can't get to see a dentist quickly, get a GP to issue you a prescription for antibiotics. If you are not allergic to penicillin, get 500mg Amoxycillin 3xday for 5 days or, if you are, 400mg Metronidazole 3xday for 5 days.
Incidentally, is this an upper or lower wisdom tooth?
And where are you based?
PM me if you need.

I did live in scarborough in yorkshire but I'v just moved to newcastle so I'm going to have a look around a few dentists here. I'm not alergic to penicillin and it's the upper wisdom tooth on the right hand side. The whole side of my gum was painfully sore for about 4 days but now seems to be wearing off. But my tooth definatley needs to come out i think. I'm pretty sure there is a hole under it and food is getting trapped under there. Also it's extremely hard/impossible to clean.

B

bluem&m's

newcastle

newcastle

There is definitely a dental school in Newcastle but you may have a bit of a wait. If you were closer to London I would have suggested you come in to see me. Good luck with it. In theory, an upper wisdom tooth will come out relatively easily. All the stories you hear about surgical extractions of wisdom teeth tend to be 99% about lower wisdom teeth.

Didn't use to be a million years ago when a woman was considered 'un-marry-able' in Scotland if she still had all her teeth - the thinking was that this would cost her potential husband too much money in dental care in the future. So a 21st birthday present might be a clearance and full dentures.

They still do I'm sure