• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will you be voting Blair in the future?

Will you be voting Blair in the future?

• Yes, he's the man for the job

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No, a two year old can do better

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Anyone got any advice on the best car to buy? Been looking around lately and edgeing towards a new Audi A3 sports back, has anyone got some first hand experience of the said car or a viable alternative (looked at BMW's but can't get over my own prejudice against them).

F

Flt Lt Badminton-Squash

My wife has the Audi A3 1.9TDi, you would not go far wrong with one of those. The whole build is excellent, it really does feel the part with excellent (again) handling and road manner, very quick when required.
Hope this helps?

Anyway, just a thought...

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Flt Lt Badminton-Squash said:
Nerd.
The badge remains at the rear of my vehicle and I see no reason to remove it, certainly not for the reasons you have suggested. I am contented that something amuses you because you sound like such a astringent and conceited person who seems to believe that people can have an opinion as long as it’s the same as yours! The point I made regarding affordability was not directed at anyone in particular it was a generalization of people and their views, as you generalize BMW drivers. I am in no way trying to imply that you have to be in a certain income bracket to buy a BMW…. It’s a fact… if you earn £100.00 per week and that is your sole income with no savings then you cannot afford to spend £30-40,000 on a vehicle of whatever make. Even you cannot argue that point, its basic math’s. You then purchase a vehicle in your price range… that you can afford! If that direction of consideration makes me a snob then so be it, my sleep will not be affected by your thoughts!

Also, it been quite some time since BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke, not quite your interpretation) has made 1.6 liter engine for the model I drive. The badge on the rear does not indicate the engine size i.e. 316i is a 1.9 liter engine for example. Now I know you are going to go off and do your research and try to prove me wrong in some way because that’s how you work, enjoy your research, you may find you enjoy what you read and choose to purchase a BMW for yourself. Mind you I do remember a time in Germany that certain person was refused a BMW in the dealership at JHQ, I am now beginning to speculate if that was you and maybe you have been holding a grudge all this time…

Anyway, just a thought…

Sorry BS but you really do sound like a snob now. You are also now begining to sound like Jermey Clarkson.

NST remember Blair visits Basrah thread...."You know you can never find an Iraqi Sniper when you need one.

Blair in the Crosshairs .. "

Sound familiar.

I would never shoot someone for driving a BMW.

N

North Sea Tiger

A CLING NERD SHRON said:
Sorry BS but you really do sound like a snob now. You are also now begining to sound like Jermey Clarkson.

NST remember Blair visits Basrah thread...."You know you can never find an Iraqi Sniper when you need one.

Blair in the Crosshairs .. "

Sound familiar.

I would never shoot someone for driving a BMW.

Nerdy .. you bite so easy !! .. take a day off will you ?? .. thought all that was put to rest in my post you convienently ignored .. even wished you a happy new year (notice you didnt reply to that though) .. you are acting like some kind of forum policeman and I personally think its hilarious .. you really need to lighten up.

I really think you need a cold beer and a hot woman more than any man in history.

F

Flt Lt Badminton-Squash

Nerd, you strange individual,
What is it with you that feel you have to follow people around this site and stalk them, first Stax then NST and now me with this loathing of BMW driver’s.
Ok Nerdy, I get the point now that you have an unusual and obsessive dislike of this particular type of motor vehicle… I am pleased you have got it off your chest… now draw a line and move on…. Are you, or do you think you are, the site police, its just a car... Plumber raised a question regarding a certain make and model, I am in a position to offer some information, if he takes what I have said then all well and good if not then I have tried I do not think I will be 'shot' for it, unlike you who just seem to aggravate everyone.... all the time!

As I have said on other post's in which you have stalked me on, I am interested in what particular vehicle that you drive… will you tell the truth or will you make up some fictional vehicle to make you sound interesting…

Will you even respond…? I would imagine you will, its your nature.
Will you tell the truth…? Jury is out on that one, we shall see…

Anyway, just a thought…

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Nerd, you strange individual,
What is it with you that feel you have to follow people around this site and stalk them, first Stax then NST and now me with this loathing of BMW driver’s.
Ok Nerdy, I get the point now that you have an unusual and obsessive dislike of this particular type of motor vehicle… I am pleased you have got it off your chest… now draw a line and move on…. Are you, or do you think you are, the site police, its just a car... Plumber raised a question regarding a certain make and model, I am in a position to offer some information, if he takes what I have said then all well and good if not then I have tried I do not think I will be 'shot' for it, unlike you who just seem to aggravate everyone.... all the time!

As I have said on other post's in which you have stalked me on, I am interested in what particular vehicle that you drive… will you tell the truth or will you make up some fictional vehicle to make you sound interesting…

Will you even respond…? I would imagine you will, its your nature.
Will you tell the truth…? Jury is out on that one, we shall see…

Anyway, just a thought…

Took the car out all day on Saturday and have got to say I was way more than impressed. Thanks for the info, its always better to get your info first hand. Mind you with the thrashing the car got on Saturday I think any weak spots would have been highlighted (what was the sales guy thinking of giving me the car for the best part of the day with no chaperone).

As for nerdy I wouldn't bother rising to him, I've seen him do this to a few people now and its always the same format, basically pitilessly hounding someone for no good reason. The best thing would probably be just not to respond to him. At the risk of becoming his new target, I think he's just one of those troll types.

Anyway thanks again for the info earlier.

F

Flt Lt Badminton-Squash

Plumber:

Your more than welcome, pleased you enjoyed the Audi, its a good policy of Audi (and BMW, Nerdy!) to let you take it for the day or even a weekend if you ask, any thoughts of puchasing one?
Thanks.

I think neardy is having a day off today

Nerdy, I know you will have something to say regarding this post.

Now I dont normally condone children playing on or around motorways however, in your case I think it is fine. Please feel free to play on the nearest motorway to yourself, may I also recommend a blindfold... you may need a vehicle to get to the motorway... I assume you have one???
Rgds
Mr Clarkson. J

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Plumber:

Your more than welcome, pleased you enjoyed the Audi, its a good policy of Audi (and BMW, Nerdy!) to let you take it for the day or even a weekend if you ask, any thoughts of puchasing one?
Thanks.

I think the word is "definately" as I told the better half "I need one". I think I'll hold out for the 06 plate unless they offer a decent deal for a late 55, but either way still going to get one.

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Please start another thread called BS Car advice or something to that effect. This thread is called.:rolleyes:
"Will you be voting Blair in the future?"