• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

why do i bother?

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
so i'm working away in my boring civilianised bae war machine factory when a lad who i joined up with strolls in with the biggest grin i've seen in ages. figured he'd either got posted or laid, and as he's hardley the ladies man i knew it wouldn't be the latter.
anyway he tells me how he'd been told that as he'd not signed on for 12 years the blokes with god-like power had phoned him up offering the 'posting of his choice' in exchange for another 3 years service.
fair play to him, i'm really happy... except that i've already signed on 10 months ago and been trying to get posted for 3 1/2 years!!!!
apparently you only get posted or promoted if you do the following:

1. PVR
2. wait out your time and show no interest in staying in the RAF.

bit fed up of the politics, game playing and general f**k around factor at the moment tbh. not to mention that soon i get to clock in and out of my factory job. oh and on top of that i phoned the trade desk to find out where i was after 2 spec recs and a high rec on the promotion board.
answer, B cat. great.
i know there's loads in the same boat or worse but in writing this i'm already feeling a bit better. f**k the lot of 'em. f**k 'em all. whoever 'they' are!
:pDT_Xtremez_21:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Breathe in..............

Breathe out.............

Breathe in..............

Breathe out ...........

N

Natural_Wastage

It's annoying I know. Seen it happen myself. Although maybe it was just down to him being able to 'wangle' a nice posting rather than some sort of stop-them-leaving policy. Some people seem to be better than others when it comes to PMA. I'm not good myself, I keep my head down and do what's asked. Whilst it's honorable it's means you get overlooked....

As for for promotions.... Well, I'm a JT with decent assessments and I know plenty of others on the same. Unfortunately there's a queue for those magic 41 slots or whatever bull**** number they're promoting this year.

Just do what I did. Don't get yourself stressed over this absolute f*** up of a situation. I'm out in 20 months with my aircraft licenses. Paid for by the RAF. Lovely. If they don't value my skills and hard work then I'm sure FlyBE/BA/Emirates... etc etc will. I never though I'd say this 11 years ago (as a keen young airman) but the RAF can go f*** itself. I hope it bloody rots. I'm just so sorry for the decent lads 'n' lasses I'll be leaving behind.

Rant over! :pDT_Xtremez_25:

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
10 years ago you couldn't get signed on for love nor money
Now they are giving dream slots if you sign on how times change

Although must admit I saw a lot of Army lads pull the same stroke to get their posting of their choice after Iraq

Very poor in my opinion