• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's gonna be Bensons next victim?

Rosco151

LAC
Lo all,

So I'm at Benson until January til I'm off to better places, and I've heard from the trade desk that someone has been picked to come and replace me. Unfortunately, that won't happen until about a month after I've gone, so no handover whatsoever beyond some notes I'll leave behind.

Anyways, if you're the lucky bugger coming to Bensons Station Int Cell, it might be an idea to contact me so's we can have a chat. Drop me a PM and we'll go from there.

It's pretty good here, but Falconview is a b!t#h to get your head round if you haven't used it before...

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods
Seems to be a trend within the trade at the moment as I'm not getting replaced either :0

Rosco151

LAC
I've told you before Kryters, but that oddly shaped head of yours must be indicative of a severe concussion that has affected your memory... Either that or droid rot is setting in.

I'll give you a clue. It's the desert, but you can drink freely (if over 21).

The Americans are there, but most of the locals can stand them for a change.

If you phone the real estate agents and try to explain the situation to them, you'll get five seconds of silence as a reply, followed by a shaky "Yeah?".

God bless 'em.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I've told you before Kryters, but that oddly shaped head of yours must be indicative of a severe concussion that has affected your memory... Either that or droid rot is setting in.

If you phone the real estate agents and try to explain the situation to them, you'll get five seconds of silence as a reply, followed by a shaky "Yeah?".

God bless 'em.

So, its not Kings Lynn then......

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods

God bless 'em.

Ah, LV, nice one, enjoy!

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
CL? so is he gonna go after his free holiday???

Hey Rosco, have you heard any more on it? My replacements been sorted, G**y S*****n, So im pretty much ready to go mate.

51 Days!!!!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Kryten

Warrant Officer
CL? so is he gonna go after his free holiday???

Hey Rosco, have you heard any more on it? My replacements been sorted, G**y S*****n, So im pretty much ready to go mate.

51 Days!!!!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

So, do you get to fly Club Class?

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
Ho Ho Ho Green Giant :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Have you heard from C***s L**e about him getting Benson Int Cell?

I havent heard from him in ages.

If anyone reading this is at TIW, ask him to get on here and say hello please, Rosco needs the gen. Ta

Rosco151

LAC
Cheers for the pointer there Dave, still haven't heard back from Mr **** yet so not entirely sure what the confirmed details are.

However, I believe he'll have three weeks at the Onion Farm for the PEAIC (oh yes, it's as fun as it sounds, but not as bad as the TIC(H) eh Billy?).

So, considering that I've heard my replacement will arrive start of february, with the course to do over March, and with this new info of squeezing a det in first... Looks like there'll effectively be an empty chair in my office running things through January til April.

So, with the boss off on det in April, this is shaping up to be another CLASSIC handover. Winner.

And no Kryters, it's not Kings Lynn. Who? wins da prize! It's nothing good... KLFM <shudders>...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosco,
welcome to the wonderful new world of vacant handovers. I came out here and had no handover, it seems that the only way to do a handover now is to find time before you go and get your replacement over, this could be as much as several months before not weeks. Of course some aren't in that position, so when it all turns to a crock of s##t guess who they'll blame. All you can do is make sure your handover book is upto date and get the ball rolling by getting your replacement fixed up with things he'll need. Gone are the times when you had the luxury of a couple of weeks to get your handover done.

Not that this has anything to do with JPA of course.

Rosco151

LAC
This was all completely expected. I am under no illusion that JPA has made things better in any way, given the aggro I've had since day 1.

It's me and the boss in this office. The boss is fully aware of the situation, and also possesses a sense of realism (and fatalism) akin to my own. Therefore, none of this was unexpected to her either...

And so, we see the very same thing that took place with my posting here (I arrived about three or four months after my predecessor left) happening all over again. Will the lesson ever be learned? Do I really give a flying f@ck? Here's a clue - both answers are No.

The one thing that will be improved upon is that I'll actually leave some handover info behind. There, done my part, I'm offski.

Benson Int Office - Cpl J2 handover notes:
1) Falconview is the bane of mankind. Why is it my responsibility to maintain it instead of the aircrew? People ignore me when I ask this.
2) Briefings to non-aircrew. I'm sure there's a point somewhere, if you look hard enough.
3) ISOPREPS. Have some fun with these. I replaced the aircrew photos with pictures of the Rocky Horror show cast.
4) Ops Room. Avoid at all costs. Any attempt to cross will result in random jobs being thrown at you. None of these jobs will have anything to do with you whatsoever, in fact you will name the person responsible and even offer to contact them and pass it on. Your attempt at logical reasoning will fail. It's YOUR job now...

Kryten

Warrant Officer
This was all completely expected. I am under no illusion that JPA has made things better in any way, given the aggro I've had since day 1.

It's me and the boss in this office. The boss is fully aware of the situation, and also possesses a sense of realism (and fatalism) akin to my own. Therefore, none of this was unexpected to her either...

And so, we see the very same thing that took place with my posting here (I arrived about three or four months after my predecessor left) happening all over again. Will the lesson ever be learned? Do I really give a flying f@ck? Here's a clue - both answers are No.

The one thing that will be improved upon is that I'll actually leave some handover info behind. There, done my part, I'm offski.

1) Falconview is the bane of mankind. Why is it my responsibility to maintain it instead of the aircrew? People ignore me when I ask this.
2) Briefings to non-aircrew. I'm sure there's a point somewhere, if you look hard enough.
3) ISOPREPS. Have some fun with these. I replaced the aircrew photos with pictures of the Rocky Horror show cast.
4) Ops Room. Avoid at all costs. Any attempt to cross will result in random jobs being thrown at you. None of these jobs will have anything to do with you whatsoever, in fact you will name the person responsible and even offer to contact them and pass it on. Your attempt at logical reasoning will fail. It's YOUR job now...

Sounds like a lot of fun - why don't you join me in the land of pointless business activity, where everyone is broke and people actually turn their noses up at you when you tell them you weren't commisioned, nor a pilot...

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap

You are going to be a bundle of laughs at Creech

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal

My god man, RELAX!!!!

In 52 days time, we will be living in Las Vegas for the next 3 years!!!

:pDT_Xtremez_05:

Last edited:

Rosco151

LAC
SirSalty and Kryten, don't take my post as a declaration that I hate my job and everything I have to do in it, I'm merely taking some minor points about the job here and amplifying them beyond reality.

The points about my replacement are valid I think, given that the guy will probably get here mid to late February, be off through March for a course, then be left to fend for himself when the boss disappears to sunnier climes in April.

The possibility that they might try to squeeze him for one more stint in the desert before he leaves does not really help. As The Enduring Sarge comments, if it all goes wrong who do you think is to blame? It'll probably be my name dragged through the mud here if it all goes pete tong.