• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whilst you’re out clapping tonight....

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Obviously I’m expecting all members of the Goat will be outside their homes tonight clapping for the NHS like performing seals on crack, consider some of the people you’ll be clapping for. These jobs clearly show why the NHS is a money pit for the British taxpayer.

Attachments

• 03AFFD3E-6BA5-4103-A6A2-8246D2B9F374.jpeg
    03AFFD3E-6BA5-4103-A6A2-8246D2B9F374.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 42
  • A1AE7F5D-5B90-400A-905A-6EAAD5729912.jpeg
    A1AE7F5D-5B90-400A-905A-6EAAD5729912.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 39EE5F32-A6D3-4066-8581-EB6A6C58C298.png
    39EE5F32-A6D3-4066-8581-EB6A6C58C298.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 38

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Im not clapping for the strategic comms director, I’m clapping for the front line.

From my experience the NHS like the rest of the public sector do pay below market rates and can be quite boring places to work.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Im not clapping for the strategic comms director, I’m clapping for the front line.

From my experience the NHS like the rest of the public sector do pay below market rates and can be quite boring places to work.
I don’t need to clap. My neighbour’s put up a huge blue flag on his pole which states, ‘Thankyou NHS!’. I saluted it first thing this morning, job done.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
My Wife is NHS but not a Covid Combatant. She's the only person who controls the maintenance of Wheelchairs for the whole County. I don't clap for her - and neither does she!

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I clapped the first couple of weeks but when do we officially stop? This could go on for years. For me standing on your doorstep so your neighbours can see you clap is a bit pretentious. I don’t need to do that to appreciate the work they do.

Allflapnofly

Corporal
Last time I had anything to do with the NHS....I had the clap.....

Joking apart....When clapping the NHS, Carers and Emergency workers etc was initiated, the road of my residence was full of folk enthusiastically applauding, whoopin' an' a hollerin' and emulating Cozy Powell as they walloped woks and pans.....Last night I ventured out just before 20.00 hrs and sadly it's now somewhat diminished. There was me, a collared dove perched on a telephone line and my neighbour's cat Trixi who was just sat on my wall starin' at me.....There must've been something really good on the telly.....or, perhaps and sadly, the novelty has just worn off?.....

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I don't clap the NHS on a Thursday night and to be honest it all just seems like an excuse for some to act like fools.

I think I thanked the Doctors, Nurses and Ward assistants enough over the telephone last month as they battled this damn virus for my mum and dad who ultimately weren't strong enough.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I don't clap the NHS on a Thursday night and to be honest it all just seems like an excuse for some to act like fools.

I think I thanked the Doctors, Nurses and Ward assistants enough over the telephone last month as they battled this damn virus for my mum and dad who ultimately weren't strong enough.
Sorry to hear that bud.....

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
A friend of my wife does one of theses non-jobs in the NHS, similar to the ones in the OP. We know for a fact that she will have been in her street every week with some kind of saviour complex, milking the applause as if she was some kind of St Francis of Assisi figure and the saviour of the nation.

fourteen2two

Corporal
It didn't happen last Thursday in our street. Finished now.
Wife was a nurse for a long time ( trained in RAF). Retired in 2014 after many years in NHS. I know how hard she worked and stress she could be under.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Same here, the Thursday clap session appears to have run it's course
The lady who started it became aware that it was causing issues, like if you didn’t come out and clap you got dog shit lobbed at your windows and the like so she said that it should come to an end. I think it’s been suggested that it becomes an annual thing instead. Personally I think it’d be good to name a new bank holiday ‘Carers Day’. The Yanks have veterans Day and Labour Day and it seems to float nicely.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
The only time that the whole 'stood clapping in the street for the NHS' really got to me was the day that the whole street did so as my mothers hearse pulled away from our house and led my father's hearse out to the crematorium.

My mother was an NHS Nurse all her working life until she retired at the age of 68. I was initially not keen on the idea as I tend to not stand on ceremony but this was a neighbour's (20+yrs so knew my folks well) idea and something they wanted to do seeing as they could only watch their Funeral on Facebook Live.

Well that occasion it broke me, it even got to the Funeral Director as it was so unexpected.