• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Laptop

KingGuin

Sergeant
Apologies if this has been posted previously. Boy KG is demanding a laptop for doing well in his exams. Whilst my natural reaction is to ignore him, Mrs KG is insistant. He wants it mainly for on-line gaming and since IT is all voodoo to me, any clues what is best value for money for a couple of hundred quid would be appreciated. Cheers.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Apologies if this has been posted previously. Boy KG is demanding a laptop for doing well in his exams. Whilst my natural reaction is to ignore him, Mrs KG is insistant. He wants it mainly for on-line gaming and since IT is all voodoo to me, any clues what is best value for money for a couple of hundred quid would be appreciated. Cheers.

Try going here mate, for a start anyway.

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Computers/cat/Laptops?refmen=az

Got mine there.

Or Google

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=laptops&btnG=Search+Products&hl=en

SCJ

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
The ACER Aspire 5315 laptop is cheap any perfectly good for schoolboy revision.

I think ASDA were selling them for around £270 a couple of weeks ago.

I got mine from Comet for well under £300.

It survived a tour at Basrah as well.

However they are not brilliant gaming computers, but a good gaming computer is not bargin bucket.

If you can get rid of Vista as well and get a copy of XP on it, do so. Vista Basic makes the computer act like it is steam driven!

Last edited:
what ya think?

what ya think?

Here you go matey, this should fit the bill:

Dell Laptop

Hope this help's.

Dedicated gc for gaming, so should fit the bill, best l could find at that price.:pDT_Xtremez_14:

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
If you want a gaming laptop go for SWG suggestion, the dedicated memory and an nVidia 8600 card is much better for gaming, my only issue is the CPU it's a bit low in power.

Important thing to consider:
lots of RAM 2GB minimum, 4GB ideal.
2GHz core 2 duo(T7300) minimum processor
High speed hard drive, ideally 7200rpm SATA 2 harddrive at 160GB min.
17" widescreen screen would be ideal.

If you want me to search for a good laptop then PM me or post here.

If you want a gaming laptop go for SWG suggestion, the dedicated memory and an nVidia 8600 card is much better for gaming, my only issue is the CPU it's a bit low in power.

Important thing to consider:
lots of RAM 2GB minimum, 4GB ideal.
2GHz core 2 duo(T7300) minimum processor
High speed hard drive, ideally 7200rpm SATA 2 harddrive at 160GB min.
17" widescreen screen would be ideal.

If you want me to search for a good laptop then PM me or post here.

Fully agree with ya matey, however was looking at the budget side of things.

4GB of ram a waste on any 32bit system as a max of 3.25GB(ish) of ram will be used.

CPU speed ye a little slow, just means a lower ress to play games, 1024x768 playable imho.

7200 rpm HDD ideal ye practical not really, 5400 rpm quite acceptable.

the real matter is cash so went for the dell option, going to dell website will give better options, however with the cash increase.

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

However 6920

is a good laptop, just a little expensive.

Also this 5920G

Is also a good laptop and just a little more than the dell.

:pDT_Xtremez_15: