• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When is Pension Paid?

clungemobile

Corporal
Hi all, Finally received all the dosh on redundancy and was just wondering when the pension is actually paid?

Is it the end of the month or because I have left on 11 December will my month be 11 previous month to 10 of next month and therefore paid around then or perhaps you get more in Jan to regulate it for an end of month payment....I just dunno and have not got any letter about it so perhaps a fellow goat member would kindly give me a steer please?

cheers

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
My circumstances are made redundant on 28th of month pension received every 18th of month. I'm rich for 5 minutes today lol

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My last day was on the 16th of the month but I seem to get it every 10th.

I don't think there is a pattern to it!

Hot Shoes

Corporal
I think the "pattern" is, it takes them approx 3 weeks to sort out your pension, and whatever day that is, is "payday".

Certainly works for me as I left on the 30th and I get my pension on the 20th, 21 days. Once a year I get a letter informing me that there will/won't be any changes this year.

Odie

Sergeant
The date is pretty variable for the number of days after you leave, but once they pay it'll be the same day every month - except for slight changes if it falls on a weekend or bank holidays. My last day was a 14th, pension day is the 10th.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
mine

mine

Mine is paid about 3 weeks after leaving date and then same every month, should get a letter soon if you are getting anything.

clungemobile

Corporal
So all in all not bad....all the dosh has ben paid in and now I have a letter from Xaffinity telling me my pension will be paid on 10th of every month.

It has gone smoothly thus far......although I will wait for the pension to be paid on the 10th before giving them full credit!

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
So all in all not bad....all the dosh has ben paid in and now I have a letter from Xaffinity telling me my pension will be paid on 10th of every month.

It has gone smoothly thus far......although I will wait for the pension to be paid on the 10th before giving them full credit!

It will go smoothly have had no problem with them. Phoned them about 6 months before my 55th birthday just to see if they could tell me how much I'd get when I was 55. They said they could only estimate and they were only a few pounds out. Always willing to help you. Changed my address over phone with them several times.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
Cool

Cool

It will be fine now. These are professionals now. Not RAF Admin monkeys. These people seem to know what they are doing. I just hope my tax is right? The only problem I have had is my bank stoppping a large transfer out of my acount. They were happy to take the paymrent in in th efirst place though!

clungemobile

Corporal
I just hope my tax is right?

Not sure how it all works to be honest. Does it depend on whether you are working now and what you have earned previously ie RAF Pay Apr 11 - 11 Dec 12 + anything received now ie pension will determine your tax bill?

I just dunno and will have to wait and see :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Not sure how it all works to be honest. Does it depend on whether you are working now and what you have earned previously ie RAF Pay Apr 11 - 11 Dec 12 + anything received now ie pension will determine your tax bill?

I just dunno and will have to wait and see :pDT_Xtremez_42:

The tax you paid up to 11 Dec 12 was based on the salary you were on up to that time. If you retire on pension you will be entitled to a rebate. If you get another job and your total income (job + pension) is greater than previous you may have an additional tax liability.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
... I just hope my tax is right ...

Your gross income for the tax year April 2012 to March 2013 will determine that, i.e. RAF pay, pension, new job(?). Be prepared to be overcharged for a month or two, and keep every piece of paper, pay statement, etc. But it all comes good in the end, usually with a rebate attached. Oh, and remember that you don't pay National Insurance on your pension. Good luck.