• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When did last person to see ww2 leave the RAF?

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Yes I am :) but not for too much longer...............although I do fancy a 2 or 3 day a week Ressie job when I do go to tide me over.
Well done you! A few other Chinook guys that I knew are about to join that exit queue too. A certain Frank - to name but one.

stereolab

Station Cashier
Coltishall 1972, a Master Pilot still in Ops, and on the SWO’s gang, an LAC with 1939/45 medals. A nicer chap you could not meet, happy as a pig in ….

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Coltishall 1972, a Master Pilot still in Ops, and on the SWO’s gang, an LAC with 1939/45 medals. A nicer chap you could not meet, happy as a pig in ….
At Tern Hill & Shawbury, our Unit Test Pilot was Master Pilot Alec Riddoch, until he retired about 1978, when his underling (a Flt Lt) took over. Again, Im not sure of his history - didnt think to ask at the time!