• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When Betty goes

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Seems the plans for the gaffers demise have been leaked. So when Betty Windsor does pop her clogs this, allegedly, is the sequence of events. No mention of what time the many pre dawn parade practices are scheduled to take place.

"'Operation London Bridge' has been leaked ....... after being updated during the coronavirus pandemic with the day she passes away being called 'D-Day'. It was first hatched in the 1960s but has never been published in such granular detail..............In more embarrassment for the Government, Operation Spring Tide, the closely-guarded plan for Prince Charles' accession to the throne, was also included in the leak. "

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
I knew a guy who updates ‘the lists’ virtually weekly to cover parade routes and manning - down to patrol dogs and feeding needs. Almost an industry in itself.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
What irritates me is that I see no need for the details to be leaked or published. We all (well most sane people in the country either know or would expect) know the plans exist so why leak them? What has been achieved by it? All this story proves to me is that there people with access to the plans who can't be trusted.

Entropy

Sergeant
These 'leaks' are common knowledge. I think the Daily Wail has run this story a couple of times in the past. Most papers have also ran this story, I think the only new item that would be worth of a news story for Op London Bridge was if Phillips was attending!

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I suppose someone will check to see if Hazza & Meggers are on the list...... I wonder if there's a Bridge plan for them both?