• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats up with the Germans?

Entropy

Sergeant
The Germans appear to be getting rather nervous, they have told everyone to start stocking up on food and water to survive for 10 days.
LINK

There's now a story on BBC saying that they are considering conscription LINK

Is something going on that we don't know about, do they expect some form of severe terrorist attack or has Vlad got the willies up them?

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
Maybe they see their plan to rule Europe via the EU is failing and they are getting ready for plan B, or maybe somebody has realised that the free movement is backfiring and they are getting ready to respond to further terrorist threats.

Molar Mob

KOS
How do you knit in conscription with free movement? I see problems ahead. Go on train them as well or do you need blue eyes and blond hair to be conscripted?

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Well they have experience of two World Wars and failed twice. Third time lucky? Maybe predicting that the Yanks under Trump will be more inward looking and not want to get involved in bailing out Europe and Britain like they did in the previous two???

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
I thought conscription increased the people within the forces and would they not also be used if terrorist attacks increased greatly, however, in hindsight maybe I should of put a smiley at the end of my post as I just decided to post random thoughts in response to the OPs question, I did not expect them to provoke serious discussions.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
If you read the article... It's not military conscription, but more of a civil defence type thing.. Two different things.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What the MSM are NOT reporting, or at last are using selective reporting, is that this is only an upgrade to a document that was last amended in 1995. It's a real time demonstration of how bogged down German bureaucracy can be. It's only taken them 21 years to get the proposed changes ratified by all German states ready for committal to the Bundestag.

On the plus side, I have been panic buying tinned ravioli, bags of crisps, enough beer to sink a ship and jazz mags that make Razzle look like a Women's Institute monthly jam making publication.