• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is the point of TIW, kill it off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cat of Shadows

TIW isn't too bad as long as you like det's, Jurassic Park is a waste of space and far too full of people who start speaking with "When I was in..."!

Blasphemy!!!!!

Such comments about JARIC would not have been tolerated when I was in................

Curses!!??!! ::/:

T

The Hooded Claw

The 'wing' might have a chance if there was a proper role for it UK-side rather than poncing around with a broken Craptor pod & paying lipservice to the harriers & jags, and if it was (& had been) manned by people who actually cared about the work & colleagues more than promotion & their next job. saying that though, there are (& have been) some damned good people on it, but it just goes to show what happens when you get blindloded, hog tied & constantly have people trying to insert objects up your one-way-valve on a daily basis! :pDT_Xtremez_35:
It does seem from the word on the street that most people will only truly be happy when they are dancing naked around its smouldering remains!

The cry of FTR seems to have been replaced with FTW :pDT_Xtremez_42:

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
It does seem from the word on the street that most people will only truly be happy when they are dancing naked around its smouldering remains!

I agree even people in other sections at Marham hate TIW and they're not even in the trade. I've been told by some guys that this is due to some people (one or two have now left) towards the top end of the food chain.

It doesnt help the fight for TIWs corner either when people, myself included, get sent away for a month or two to show off some kit, only for it to work a handfull of times. Gets a tad embarrassing!!!!!!

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods
I agree even people in other sections at Marham hate TIW and they're not even in the trade. I've been told by some guys that this is due to some people (one or two have now left) towards the top end of the food chain.

It doesnt help the fight for TIWs corner either when people, myself included, get sent away for a month or two to show off some kit, only for it to work a handfull of times. Gets a tad embarrassing!!!!!!

Can agree with you on most sections hating TIW, I used to phone sections up to ask for stuff and got a favourable response till I mentioned I was on TIW.... Kit not working?? You do surprise me...NOT! TIW does need to find a job that it can do in the UK now that the mighty Canberra is out of service. ::(:

stella

LAC

Be careful who you include in this sweeping statement!

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
Be careful who you include in this sweeping statement!

In saying that, most of the head sheds are fine, but there are exceptions. I was just saying what a relative had told me who used to be at Marham as well.

Sorry for any offence caused:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods
Did you ever flag this up to anyone?

I always got what I was after, usually took a bit of flattery though, it was raised with my SNCO's who took the line it'll blow over once they get used to TIW instead of the RIC.
::p:

T

The Almighty Fatwa Sam

Did you ever flag this up to anyone?

Does that ever acchieve anything?
During my time in the RAF, I learned that when you flag something up to a rodney, you get the usual management party-line type responses, which effectively translates to "Wind your neck in plotter, your opinion doesn't count for sh!t".
When you raise it with a sneck, you generally get the same response.
However, occasionally you're lucky enough to talk to a sneck with enough balls to take the matter higher.
Of course this is futile, because it will simply get bounced back again by the chinless wonders who issue the sneck with the management party-line response.

Nothing ever gets done in the air farce unless you can convince some rodney that it was his idea, or that he's likely to get promoted as a result of it.

You might get the impression from my responses that I hate officers.
That is not the case.
I do hate some officers, but there are quite a few officers in the Int An(I) trade (if it's still called that - it must be due another name change) who I really like and respected. Some of which were even at TIW.

T

The Almighty Fatwa Sam

Big Brother summons you to the Ministry of Love!

The purpose of the Ministry of Love is to enforce loyalty and love of TIW through fear, torture, and brainwashing.

The brainwashing didn't work on me for certain technical and medical reasons. :pDT_Xtremez_31:

T

The Almighty Fatwa Sam

Tell me about it, but then again is that not why this site is here????

as i said, its the minority.

Web censorship by the RAF is a bit of a touchy subject with the almighty Fatwa Sam.

T

The Almighty Fatwa Sam

Sounds like theres a story behind that.........

Yep. I take it you haven't been in very long then?
Ask around some of the old-hands in the trade. Those who were at Marham from 1999 to 2003.
Mention "Fatwa Sam" "Innsworth" and "Censorship" and they'll tell you the story.
You'll probably get several different versions of the story depending on who you ask, but the general gist is the same.

T

The Almighty Fatwa Sam

I only got to Marham in 04 and i was a fairy before that so my knowledge of the legends and/or their stories are quite limited. Ill try to remember to ask when i get back in a few months.

I'll save you the hassle.
In 2000, I was working in the plotting office at 2 RIC.
As usual, it was a dull boring afternoon, and a fellow plottah (MS) and myself decided to sell one of our female colleagues (TG) to the Arabs on the internet.
So we went up to the training cell and used their digital camera to snap a few shots for the site, and that night, I registerd a domain and put together the website "Fatwa Sam's Online Souk" offering quality wives and slaves to discerning Arab gentlemen.
Over the next few months, the site grew in popularity, and quite a few folks started approaching me and asking me to sell them on the site.
Of course, I had my fair share of death threats from disgruntled ragheads, but nothing that ever amounted to anything.

Then one day, I got a call to go upstairs and see Dave Lang. Apparently I was in trouble again.
I walked into his office, and after dusting the cobwebs off him, he informed me that some high up RAF Police bod from Innsworth demanded my presence in his office the following day.
So I packed up my wife into a free MT car and off we tootled to Innsworth, looking forward to one of many free days out at the RAF's expense.
When I got there, this RAF police Wingco took me into his office and we had a chat about the website over a cuppa. It wasn't a bollocking at all, in fact it was all very civilised and he told me that he actually found the website very funny indeed.
However, he had been told by his bosses that something had to be done about it. Apparently his bosses had been told by their civillian suited bosses in Londons halls of power that the website was a dimplomatic embarassment and it had to be taken offline.
I was never told what the repercussions of leaving the site online would be, but it was made quite clear to me that if I didn't take the site offline that very night, things would be made rather uncomfortable for me.

So the site was taken offline and replaced with a censorship message.

Then some months later, things started to hot up in the gulf again, and it looked like Gulf War 2 was about to kick off.
Well, I was close to the end of my career, and I fully intended to get out of the mob, so I decided "F*ck it. Whats the worst they'll do to me? I'm putting the website back online again"

So Fatwasam's online souk was back in business again, this time selling wives, slaves, pimped up camels, terrorist weapons like dirty bombs (camel dung with dynamite stuck in it) and reusable suicide bomber vests.

The new incarnation became a runaway success, far more than the previous incarnation had been.
This time my inbox was flooded with supporting emails, and a noticeable absence of death threats this time.
Once the second Gulf war had kicked off, the site was pulling in 15,000 unique visitors a day.
The traffic got so heavy that the server at my web-hosts fell over, and they upgraded me to a higher bandwidth server completely for free.

After that, Fatwa Sam continued to trade for a few years, and then about 2 years ago, he retired.

But he may return some day.

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
Going out with a bang!!!

Going out with a bang!!!

If theres one way to leave the mob then thats gotta be one at the top. I think i had heard that actually before on one of many drunken nights. if im not mistaken, aren't you also of Bargain Hunt fame????????

Status
Not open for further replies.