• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

what is the best way to get rid of acne??

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adam333

i failed my medical because of my acne, any help on how to get rid of it??? ive tryd allsorts of medicine but nothing has worked. HELP PLEASE:pDT_Xtremez_21:

T

The Masked Geek

Have you tried your GP or was this "medicine" all off the shelf?

AllWoman

Flight Sergeant
i failed my medical because of my acne, any help on how to get rid of it??? ive tryd allsorts of medicine but nothing has worked. HELP PLEASE:pDT_Xtremez_21:

See your GP and ask him/her to refer you to a dermatologist, there are different kinds of acne so it depends what you have to what treatment you will need!

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
At the risk of sounding like another well known forum user:

Is this E-Goat or the NHS helpline?

WTF? :pDT_Xtremez_42:

T

The Masked Geek

Is this E-Goat or the NHS helpline?

Neither, its a collection of 9000 people with a vast array of life experience - some of whom are medics - that just may be able to give this youngster a pointer that helps him follow his dream of joining the RAF.

The framework we do business in is E-Goat.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Whatever you do, don't use a spirit (ie., meths) on the skin; it dries it too quickly. Try some 'Which-hazel", applied twice a day on cotton wool.
Worked for my kids.

A short time in a Sunlamp might also help; do not exceed the stated dose.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Sandpaper?

Serious answer.. my lad just went mad with the clearasil he was almost obssessive, but it worked. Might have just grown out of it but it's worth a shot.

G

gemarriott

How about going to see a dermatologist as has already been suggested.

Failing that cillit bang applied post skin peeling usually works:pDT_Xtremez_42:

chiefy

Corporal
Understand what acne is to start with!

A good link here from Warwickshire NHS

My lad found that the medication his dermatologist gave him worked wonders and fairly quickly, Vitamin E completely prevented scarring- all in the service his doctor gave. He's now almost as handsome as his dad.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Neither, its a collection of 9000 people with a vast array of life experience - some of whom are medics - that just may be able to give this youngster a pointer that helps him follow his dream of joining the RAF.

The framework we do business in is E-Goat.

It is also Goat policy to not offer medical advice and to tell people to go see a doctor.

You have no idea who you are talking to or what the qualifications are of anybody you speak to on an internet forum.

Young people these days turn to the internet as a first resort (hell, I do it and I am not exactly young) It is second to none as a research source, it is not however a replacement for a medical exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.