• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to TG9

D

Deleted member 777

I'm hearing on the FOMvine that TG12 will merge into TG9..... under the banner of TG9!

So the trade group that TG12 have always wanted to be in is to become a reality.

Mods - can we have the forum name changed back to TG9 please.

LCMOTPET

LAC
Tg9

Tg9

TG12/TG9 merging under the new name of TG9!
Yes its a done deal, heard it from the horse's mouth(TG12 Trade WO) the other day.

N

NotAnIDOYet

I'm hearing on the FOMvine that TG12 will merge into TG9..... under the banner of TG9!

So the trade group that TG12 have always wanted to be in is to become a reality.

It might be TG9 but I believe the trade name is Aerosystems Operations. And there is no sign of you moving to the higher pay band yet, is there?

More importantly how do we all feel about this one? Will it be good for us all or will most of us not notice a difference. I think there needs to be some more detail out on the streets...

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Higher payband - it won't happen. You guys will mark time until the REAL TG9 catches up. There's no way the Cnutrollers will let FOMs be on the same pay scale as them. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

But what do I care - I'm earning more coin than a cnutroller nowadays anyhow. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Dont worry about the "Cnutrollers" because they are going to be changing to TG12, now thats what I call a result:pDT_Xtremez_30:

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
More importantly how do we all feel about this one?

It's dragged on for so long, with no real information flow (other than rumour and hearsay) that I no longer give a flying fig. TBH at our time of life I don't think we'll notice much, if anything.

Has anybody heard of a time frame for the change? Being just another 'mushroom' at the coal face, I don't hear anything these days:pDT_Xtremez_09:

I normally get any info from a certain person who hides at Marham, but like my kids, he never calls these days.......Bellowyelly take note:pDT_Xtremez_42:

B

BananasBananas

Merging at a snails pace.

Merging at a snails pace.

The time frame is going to be slow at best. The idea is full of flaws and there will be a huge p@ssing contest for the managerial roles. I understand that an ABM Wg Cdr is already heading into Shawbury with the likely hood of some TG12 SNCOs following him soon.

Surely it will be a merger on paper only with the reality being that folk will be streamed into ATC/TG12 as manning levels dictate.

SCARECROW

LAC
Heard talk of this when I was in(left 14 years ago !) and its still no further forward than it was then, still sounds like ball0cks !

N

NotAnIDOYet

So then, 11 days into the new, improved (with the addition of TG12) TG9, where's my posting to Leeming as a FOM?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
And you are in the middle of a 6 mother with the brown jobs you volunteered for, so maybe you should stop bleating.

N

NotAnIDOYet

And you are in the middle of a 6 mother with the brown jobs you volunteered for, so maybe you should stop bleating.

No I am sat at home on PODL pondering my options now that the FOM world is my lobster! Have had enough of sand and the army to last me a lifetime!

B

BananasBananas

I wonder if TG12 will have to share the Reaper/Pred slots with 'TG9' in the states?

N

NotAnIDOYet

I wonder if TG12 will have to share the Reaper/Pred slots with 'TG9' in the states?

FOMs have slots there now, TG12 (old) have 2 slots - surely that is "sharing" in any man's book?

Seriously, has this made any difference where you work? Has anybody been "cross" posted yet or expecting to be in the next few months? Has there been a cut in no longer needed staff officers?

SNCOs out there, I have been on record for a long time in saying this will make little or no difference to us, but how are we manage our juniors now. Is there more opportunity for some? I haven't seen the DIN yet...

Chaka

Sergeant
The time frame is going to be slow at best. The idea is full of flaws and there will be a huge p@ssing contest for the managerial roles. I understand that an ABM Wg Cdr is already heading into Shawbury with the likely hood of some TG12 SNCOs following him soon.

Will the Scopies have to pass JATCC first to learn how to control aircraft?

B

BananasBananas

My understanding is that the first TG12 that flow to Shawbury will most likely be course design SMEs. FOA jobs could be quickly shared with TG12 as many of the junior ranks have shown that it is not a big transition for them on previous detachments to airfields. It is however, a different story when the flow is reversed. That is not a slur on TG9, simply pointing out that the CRC environment is very different to Sqn ops or ATC.

I bet it ends up being no more than a streaming process at the beginning of an AC's career. Can't see it every being truly 'merged'.

Good luck to all involved!