• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watch this space ...

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I changed roles and work on temporary contracts so my pay rise is not a benchmark, nor typical of the private sector, however, as you asked I think my rise looks to be about the same as your annual salary, next year though, it’s only 7%.

But don’t forget, my pension hasn’t changed for 11 years now, and I pay a lot of tax, I probably pay more taxes than you take home In salary.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Genuine question here to someone who espouses the private sector - how much in % terms has your annual salary changed since this time last year?

I can answer that question. My take home pay has gone down since this time last year.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I changed roles and work on temporary contracts so my pay rise is not a benchmark, nor typical of the private sector, however, as you asked I think my rise looks to be about the same as your annual salary, next year though, it’s only 7%.

But don’t forget, my pension hasn’t changed for 11 years now, and I pay a lot of tax, I probably pay more taxes than you take home In salary.
So you are saying your rise is around £50K which is "only" 7%. Gross earning must be circa £650,000? Do you realise how condescending saying you only got a £50K rise this year is.

My heart bleeds purple piss that your RAF pension has remained static for 11 years.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Am I right that you live and work in the EU TW? If so, is that a result of Govt policies in your current location?

You're correct, I do.

It's got nothing to do with government policy in my current location. It's got everything to do with post pandemic market forces which means there's been less capital around to justify pay rises. Lots of us agreed to a pay cut to preserve the skill base and reduce job losses as we prepare to recover by 2025.

If a private sector company goes under, it goes under and we don't expect the military to step in when we can't provide the services we were contracted for.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
So you are saying your rise is around £50K which is "only" 7%. Gross earning must be circa £650,000? Do you realise how condescending saying you only got a £50K rise this year is.

My heart bleeds purple piss that your RAF pension has remained static for 11 years.
I wasnt including your pension in your pay, and it needs to be taken into context with the 30% cut I had to take just to get a job to fill an employment gap, when I mistimed a leaving situation in Feb 20.

2019 earned an amount (lets call this amount 100 for ease)
2020 earned 2/3s of an amount ( so this would be 66)
2021 back to the same amount (back to 100 but still less in real terms)
2022 earned 125% of an amount (so now sitting at 125)

And the 7% is my next annual raise not this years.

Its very easy to look at a single year where there have been some big shifts and be shocked but the long term trend is only 7% per year, and I had to tap into my savings in 2019 which I am only able to replace from next year.

As I said, Im not a typical comparator.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mutty,

Out of curiosity, is this an accurate assessment of a UK passport officer's average salary?

Screenshot_20221210-160358.png

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Royal Mail is a private company now so if it's losing money they can't afford more and the government doesn't have to bail them out.
Absolutely right the government does not have to bail out anyone. The idea that any large organisation that is struggling must be "saved" by the government using your tax payers money is from a previous century. Businesses sink or swim daily and most of them we never hear of. If Royal Mail is a viable going concern it will survive, if not it won't and UPS , DPD or similar will fill the void.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Mutty,

Out of curiosity, is this an accurate assessment of a UK passport officer's average salary?

Home Office Pay Scales September 2022

Administrative Assistant £19500 - 23500

Administrative Officer £22400 - 26400

Executive Officer £25750 - 31950
The higher amount is for anyone working in London. There is no incremental scale in between, so all my passport officers will be on 22400 for a 37 hour week. Or put another way, £11.61 an hour

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The higher amount is for anyone working in London. There is no incremental scale in between, so all my passport officers will be on 22400 for a 37 hour week. Or put another way, £11.61 an hour

Thanks Mutty.

That's why I presented the question. Statistics more than often do not reflect reality.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yet our MPs will get a decent pay rise and probably claim their energy bills on their London accommodation on expenses!
If this goes through their "decent pay rise" will be less than 3%

Mick Lynch and the RMT have rejected 8%

4everAD

Sergeant
If this goes through their "decent pay rise" will be less than 3%

Mick Lynch and the RMT have rejected 8%

Bit of 'Headline misinformation' going on there! RMT rejected 8% over 2 years i.e. 4% this year and 4% next year both massively below the rate of inflation.

The MP rise may only be 2.9% but as mentioned by Fourteen2two they're not struggling to pay their energy/council tax/water etc. as they will be claiming that off us mugs.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
You might also be surprised how much Bliar, May and Cameron made post post, although I believe Brown donated most of his fees.

Boris will make millions whatever he does, this, and the cash the others got, is not coming from the public purse, like bankers bonuses, not sure what the issue is, unless it’s just jealousy or mud slinging.

might want to look at the billions US Presidents make.

Not defending Politicians by the way, they are all cnuts.

Deltaitem

Corporal
You might also be surprised how much Bliar, May and Cameron made post post, although I believe Brown donated most of his fees.

Boris will make millions whatever he does, this, and the cash the others got, is not coming from the public purse, like bankers bonuses, not sure what the issue is, unless it’s just jealousy or mud slinging.

might want to look at the billions US Presidents make.

Not defending Politicians by the way, they are all cnuts.
I can't think of anything about Johnson that I'd even be remotely jealous of, but the issue that really slaps you round the face is him f*cking off around the world to make loads of money, when he's also being paid to represent his constituents, although I doubt he can even spell the word. Funny that Hancock was castigated for doing the same. Johnson's MP's wage is most definitely coming from the public purse, but does anyone even think he's earning it?
Bliar's millions are well known, although speaking for myself, it's his Suez-eclipsing f*ck up that was Iraq that will hopefully consign him to hell, if him and Johnson haven't already bought the place.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Just think of the tax that Boris and his type are paying, going straight into the NHS and other vital public services.

Deltaitem

Corporal
Along with the hatchet job that him and the rest of the tories are hard wired into doing to all public services, I rather suspect that him and his vile breed will be avoiding a damn site more tax than he's paying.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Angry people like to make general statements like this, and there’ll be some vaguely related stat, that if you dont dig too deep might support your PoV.

But in reality, we got the biggest state, taking the biggest share of GDP ( yours and my money) since after WW2.

And its still not working, more money and more state obviously aren’t the solution, but this is what a lot of people are asking for.

There needs to be a time when folding is a better option than chasing your loses.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
will be avoiding a damn site more tax.
Nit picking mode but tax avoidance is legal tax evasion is illegal. Just depends how clever your accountant is and the really clever ones cost.

"Tax evasion means concealing income or information from tax authorities — and it's illegal. Tax avoidance means legally reducing your taxable income."