• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wasteful Processes

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
You would have thought in this day and age of streamlined processes, CI and electronically signed documentation that it would be a rarity to encounter a process which just seems so drawn out and a pain in the arse to complete.

Take trying to complete a Resettlement Travelling Claim for instance. To submit one goes as follows:

(1) Submit a request to use a Travel Warrant alongside a Resettlement Day on JPA which then needs to be authorised by my Resettlement Coordinator.

(2) Manually fill out a locally produced form (which can be a labour just to track down on-line), attach a manually completed F102 to prove I still have a serviceable vehicle covered by business insurance and which both need to be signed by my Line Manager.

(3) Submit a request through this new Clarity system to gain some sort of code once the journey is complete (this requires an email to follow up).

(4) Take the set of forms at Para 2 to MT Control to get a stamp.

(5) Now take these forms to the FD Clerk to gain a stamp (at this point like I you'll be told the activity at Para 1 hasn't been authorised yet so they can't stamp it and no they won't do anything to hasten it as they are too fucking busy eating out of date mince pies!).

(6) Now, if successful at Para 5 you can now take these forms to the Travel Cell for their authority.

(7) Wait for an email which gives you another Auth Code. Wonder why you have to use Clarity as the code generated isn't even used.

(8) Submit the claim for travel on JPA. No doubt authorised by some doris in Admin.

So eight steps and upto seven other individuals to submit a resettlement travel claim. It's almost as if the system is tuned to be so much a pain in the arse that nobody bothers to use it, reducing claims submitted and therefore costs.

Unbelievable Jeff.

4everAD

Sergeant
You would have thought in this day and age of streamlined processes, CI and electronically signed documentation that it would be a rarity to encounter a process which just seems so drawn out and a pain in the arse to complete.

Take trying to complete a Resettlement Travelling Claim for instance. To submit one goes as follows:

(1) Submit a request to use a Travel Warrant alongside a Resettlement Day on JPA which then needs to be authorised by my Resettlement Coordinator.

(2) Manually fill out a locally produced form (which can be a labour just to track down on-line), attach a manually completed F102 to prove I still have a serviceable vehicle covered by business insurance and which both need to be signed by my Line Manager.

(3) Submit a request through this new Clarity system to gain some sort of code once the journey is complete (this requires an email to follow up).

(4) Take the set of forms at Para 2 to MT Control to get a stamp.

(5) Now take these forms to the FD Clerk to gain a stamp (at this point like I you'll be told the activity at Para 1 hasn't been authorised yet so they can't stamp it and no they won't do anything to hasten it as they are too fucking busy eating out of date mince pies!).

(6) Now, if successful at Para 5 you can now take these forms to the Travel Cell for their authority.

(7) Wait for an email which gives you another Auth Code. Wonder why you have to use Clarity as the code generated isn't even used.

(8) Submit the claim for travel on JPA. No doubt authorised by some doris in Admin.

So eight steps and upto seven other individuals to submit a resettlement travel claim. It's almost as if the system is tuned to be so much a pain in the arse that nobody bothers to use it, reducing claims submitted and therefore costs.

Unbelievable Jeff.
Can you still raise Red Tape Challenges? If so this sounds like a prime candidate for updating. Though from what I've seen of the whole resettlement system it seems designed to keep civvies in jobs at the expense of service people becoming civvies.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
It's in place to piss you off and they won't change the system to be easier as everyone left in hates you for leaving before them.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I skipped resettlement and just fooking walked (well drove actually but walked sounds more dramatic and nails) out the camp gates, whilst impishly giving the gate guard a confident wink.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Oh boy, are you in for a surprise in Civvy Strasse !

The advent of the computer didn't make the paperless office like what Tomorrows World told us it would. It made every office wallah able to develop forms for others to fill in. And have they embraced their new power !!!

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Oh boy, are you in for a surprise in Civvy Strasse !

The advent of the computer didn't make the paperless office like what Tomorrows World told us it would. It made every office wallah able to develop forms for others to fill in. And have they embraced their new power !!!

Spot on - a few years back we adopted an electronic expenses tool with a mobile phone app which allowed you to take a photo of your receipts and upload them to an electronic claim that was digitally signed by the relevant approvers. And unusually, it turned out to be a great piece of software.......however, our Financial overlords decided on roll out that we still needed to print off expenses claims and send them to be stored "for audit purposes".

It took until the middle of last year before a decision was made to retain the electronic version and do away with paper based expenses.....

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Back in the early 90's I arrived at High Wycombe for my second tour of the place (Christ knows what I'd done to deserve that!) and just didn't bother arriving. Signed every block on the arrivals chit myself and handed it in. Know what happened? Nothing. Zilch. Jack and shit. The previous camp sent all my stuff over to the relevant sections and life just carried on.