• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virgin runner!!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
have you ever seen Lisa's legs? :pDT_Xtremez_02::pDT_Xtremez_09::pDT_Xtremez_34:

I'm trying NOT to imagine her in Lycra....... perhaps if I think of Dawn French instead..... oh no...... twins....... :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Best make room in that bunker there Grumpy :pDT_Xtremez_15:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
You boys are thinking of a different Lisab to the one I see in her new FB pics.... she is looking mighty fine!...... :pDT_Xtremez_22:

Anyway we all know that FOMz is just grumpy cos she blew him out at the last meet!!! ;)

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Anyway we all know that FOMz is just grumpy cos she blew him out at the last meet!!! ;)

I've tried everything, banter, witty chat, alcohol, rhohipnol even clubbing her around the back of the head, but the frigid cow just won't put out... :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I've tried everything, banter, witty chat, alcohol, rhohipnol even clubbing her around the back of the head, but the frigid cow just won't put out... :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Are you still talking about Lisab or your missus ?

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

AllWoman

Flight Sergeant

Give it up Fomz, she's never gonna be that desperate!!!:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts

Have you tried Chocolate? I heard even mother Theresa would put out for half a Galaxy :pDT_Xtremez_14:

You boys are thinking of a different Lisab to the one I see in her new FB pics.... she is looking mighty fine!...... :pDT_Xtremez_22:

Get the shovel FOMz, RAFBird is trying to steal your sqeeze :pDT_Xtremez_31:

G

grumpyoldb

Get the shovel FOMz, RAFBird is trying to steal your sqeeze :pDT_Xtremez_31:

You barsteward. That's a gobfull of homebrew all over the keyboard.............! :pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_31:

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!
Hmmmm well all I can say is thank you RAF Bird!:pDT_Xtremez_30: For all yous that are casting dispertions on my figure I could point you in the direction of the 'Meet Our Staff' button or my profile and you will see I am most definately NOT a wide load thank you GOB!!!!! And yep AW you are right, FOMz really should give up as RAF Bird has more chance of getting in my pants than him!!! It just makes me laugh as the ones that are having a dig at me are the ones that could make pie eating their new jobs!!! So ram it you lard asses!!!!::p:

For those that are still interested in this thread as a running thread, I am following the programme Shettie posted and so far yep I am coping with it, not got to the stage where I would say enjoying it but not hating it!!! I have noticed that my left shin hurts a lot more than my right one but I have been running an ice cold shower on my legs after my run seems to help!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
FOMz really should give up as RAF Bird has more chance of getting in my pants than him!!!
Well that's my "bank" refilled for the forseeable future ::D:

It just makes me laugh as the ones that are having a dig at me are the ones that could make pie eating their new jobs!!! So ram it you lard asses!!!!::p:
You cut me to the quick :pDT_Xtremez_15:
I'm big boned...
I have a slow metabolism....
We all spread a bit in our forties.....
etc.... :pDT_Xtremez_31:

For those that are still interested in this thread as a running thread, ....... I have noticed that my left shin hurts a lot more than my right one but I have been running an ice cold shower on my legs after my run seems to help!
I used to get that, it's one reason I gave up running. I did find that spending over a ton on my shoes helped a hell of a lot mind. When I switched from Asics to a Mizuno F1 shoe my shin splints virtually stopped.
It's one reason I always wear a form of running shoe now, I have had them while walking in normal shoes. :pDT_Xtremez_41:

I also used to rub white Tiger balm into my chest and calf muscles before training as a mate of mine swore by it, I don't know if it helped but it certainly helps Clear your sinuses! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

tats

Sergeant
Glad to know you're coping with it Lisa, much more than I am - did everything I needed to on tour to pass my fitness test and then kinda lost interest - I know, I know not the attitude but nevermind I'll sort my backside out soon enough.

I'd keep an eye (so to speeak) on that shin pain, you may need a slight adjustment in your left trainer, if it continues it might be worth going back to see you lovely really fit old bloke in the shop and see what he says. I've been to an Up & Running shop and another similar one and they have a huge knowledge base of pretty much everything that could go on with legs and feet during running.

Keep going, what track motivates you the most to keep going?? :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I have noticed that my left shin hurts a lot more than my right one but I have been running an ice cold shower on my legs after my run seems to help!

If you wear flip flops or anything that makes your toes curl in to grip. Stop now. makes it worse.

MattBombHead

Sergeant
I read this thread back when it first started, and decided to get out and do some running.

This weekend I've just done my first 10 mile run, and whilst I was fit for nothing on Saturday evening and not much better on Sunday, I certainly feel better for having put the effort in.

I've been using The Nike+ app on my IPod Touch with a shoe sensor, and running to Podrunner podcasts, and have found them both very helpful. I've even found a free GPS tracking app (GPS Logger) for my Blackberry which I use periodically to calibrate the sensor.

Moral of the story, if I can get out and run, very few people have any excuses at all.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
I have never been a footie player and although I played a bit of Rugby when I was younger (on the wing) I have always run. At my advanced age I still run XC and Road for my Unit. I am not a racing snake, I'm a plodder but I enjoy it. The fact a race is coming up makes me train and therefore keeps me fit (gotta think about the heart, my old man had a fatal heart attack at 64!)

I had my feet checked at the "Lincolnshire Runner" many years agao and I wear Reebok Premiers, I can get them from "Sportshoes.com" at about £45 to £55. I also buy their own brand kit "Litesports", shorts, long sleeved tops etc, although I do wear the old trusty Ron Hill tracksters.

As Spencer Davis once said "Keep on Running"!

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
I hated running but like Stax have got a history of heart disease in my family. So gave up the fags, salt and 'cut down' on the booze. I also started running.

Used a free pod-cast off iTunes called Couch Potato to 5k in 9 weeks by Robert Ullery. Similar to a walk-run program, cheesy 'rave' music and he told you when to run & walk. Also gave you some Californian hippy type encouragement, I definitely believe in the power off 'Me' now (LOL).
By end of Week 7 I was jumping ahead and run 5k 3 times a week. I really enjoy it now and feel guilty if I miss a day. Luckily in my current location the weather allows me to plod nearly all year round.

I'll never be a racing snake but if I can put a few extra years on my life and still see me wanger, I'll be happy! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Sniffer

Super Moderator
This must be the year of the reformed runner. I too hated running, mainly due to me being of the overweight lumpy jumper variety and also suffering from shin splints.

However following a stint in Afghanistan (where I actually managed to gain weight!) I spent most of my PODL eating healthily and going for runs. Started of doing 3 miles with a number of stops and can now do 3 miles + without a break. I now enjoy running, its just the "getting out of the door" that I struggle with. I have to really psych myself up (usually with some loud music with a decent beat) to get out there.

I returned from my OOA exactly 6 weeks ago and in that time I have lost over a stone and have managed to get into the light blue on my fitness test.

So all in all am pretty chuffed with myself.