• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaccination Thread

Will you have it when offered

• Yes

Votes: 50 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
When it’s your turn will you have it? Will it matter which one?

Also do you think not having a vaccination will limit your activities initially? E.g. travelling to some countries, going to a cinema etc?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
When it’s your turn will you have it? Will it matter which one?

Also do you think not having a vaccination will limit your activities initially? E.g. travelling to some countries, going to a cinema etc?
When it s my turn I intend to turn up early.
Couldn't give a toss which version I receive just that I get the Covid jab
Not having had the vaccine already limits my activities (and everybody else's) and has done for months. Golf in Spain is right up there on the to-do list as soon as its safe to do so.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
If the pandemic was THAT bad how come we aren't all dead already!!!!! I think the Governments are looking for excuses to now control their Populations!!! -- CONSPIRACY HAT ON!!!

I'm with DB ^^^ on this one!!!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I'll have mine as soon I can, not entitled until my 50th so won't even be in the queue until April.

Pretty certain if the vaccine had issues it would have knocked off a few of these oldies so far.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I ponder life for the non-vaccinated.

In a while there will be in excess of 15 million vaccinated people for whom confidence in mixing and interacting, going to the pub or sporting events and, if you really need to, having a hug will grow week on week. For those that abstain and more-so for those in that group that are prone to certain medical conditions or smokers or carrying a few kilo's more than they should, is this going to weigh on them in the end? Will their lives be of the same quality and worry free in line with those carrying between 70-95% immunity to it making them ill?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Watch out for jabbed up Covid immune pensioners, even JVT is worried

"Having the vaccine doesn't mean vulnerable pensioners can act with 'wild abandon and go off to the bingo halls" says Deputy chief medical officer Jonathan Van-Tam.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
1st May for me.

BUT

If I am the oldest within my 'vaccination catchment' area does that mean that I have to wait for older people in other areas to be done before I can get mine ?

The guesstimate is a load of bollox when you think about it.

foxOneFive

Corporal
I'll go for it. I bet there are companies as we speak printing t-shirts and baseball caps with " jabbed up Covid" Or words to that affect?
I wont buy one, I'm not that stupid. Gonna get it tattooed on my forehead

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
With a 70% success rate, that still means approx 30% of those who have the jab will get the illness, and some of them will need hospitalisation.

Anyone who declines the jab should be behind these people in the queue for treatment if they catch Covid in the future. Similarly, any life insurance policy should become invalid if you die from it and have refused a vaccine.

In case you are still wondering whether I will be accepting my jab, its a big "Yes" from me and my family.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
End of May to early June for me.

At the risk of sounding harsh, I do wonder if the priorities are right though. Compassion and vaccinating the old sounds good, but for those who are already permanently resident in care homes does it make sense to vaccinate them? If their carers and visitors are vaccinated to keep infection out of the homes then could the jabs allocated for the immobile elderly be better used on other groups such as teachers and those other essential staff such as police, shop workers and customer-facing public transport staff? Unlike care home residents, they have to be out & about mingling with others and are, therefore, at potentially greater risk of infection. They are also more likely to start to regenerate some economic growth and that needs to start again soon.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
I’ve no problem with having it. ....When will it be?.No idea really, I haven’t watched or listened to the news since last April and just pick up snippets here and there from the Mrs. I know there’s a problem but listening and reading people’s vastly differing and divided opinions doesn’t make it easier to deal with.
That being said, I did read that they were after bods to carry out the vaccinations....so I applied and was accepted onto the initial phase and given links here and there to carry out online training where it hit the first hurdle....The system runs a check on your device to ascertain if it will run the programmes...an iPad won’t. Finally booted up a steam powered laptop..lo and behold...33 modules to go through and take a test after each one....modules such as Equality diversity and human rights, fire safety, manual handling!!!! data security, radicalisation!!!!!!! I’ve never been in the medical profession, the closest being a Police medic and passing the firearms medics training but I thought..if they are happy for me to stick needles in people under supervision ...I’ll help out.....but common sense tells you that having to do these modules is a complete waste of time and will undoubtedly put many retired medics off. I’ve already spent hrs wading through the crap. Will I continue? Only God knows..

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts

At the risk of sounding harsh, I do wonder if the priorities are right though. Compassion and vaccinating the old sounds good, but for those who are already permanently resident in care homes does it make sense to vaccinate them? If their carers and visitors are vaccinated to keep infection out of the homes then could the jabs allocated for the immobile elderly be better used on other groups such as teachers and those other essential staff such as police, shop workers and customer-facing public transport staff? Unlike care home residents, they have to be out & about mingling with others and are, therefore, at potentially greater risk of infection. They are also more likely to start to regenerate some economic growth and that needs to start again soon.
The vaccine doesn’t stop you catching COVID it enables your body to fight it quickly and easily, reducing the impact on you and the healthcare system.

Younger people, below 50, without any health issues normally don’t have complications so the vaccine in this group doesnt have as much benefit to wider society, only 400 people below 60 with no health issues have died so far.

As Vim mentioned above there is the chance that the vaccinated may relax, like youths did during summer, increasing transmission within themselves, into the non-vaccinated group and then into the vulnerable groups.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Echoing Busby's words, here is a useful and informative piece to read about how vaccines could and/or will work. I have found this site to be beacon of rational light for a while now and it gives the authors credentials so you can make a judgement on its accuracy/credibility:

Vaccines are a marvel of medicine. Few interventions can claim to have saved as many lives. But it may surprise you to know that not all vaccines provide the same level of protection. Some vaccines stop you getting symptomatic disease, but others stop you getting infected too. The latter is known as “sterilising immunity”. With sterilising immunity, the virus can’t even gain a toehold in the body because the immune system stops the virus entering cells and replicating.
Full article HERE

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I wonder if countries will make the vaccine a mandatory requirement before entry, with certificates to prove you are vaccinated?

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I’ve no problem with having it. ....When will it be?.No idea really, I haven’t watched or listened to the news since last April and just pick up snippets here and there from the Mrs. I know there’s a problem but listening and reading people’s vastly differing and divided opinions doesn’t make it easier to deal with.
That being said, I did read that they were after bods to carry out the vaccinations....so I applied and was accepted onto the initial phase and given links here and there to carry out online training where it hit the first hurdle....The system runs a check on your device to ascertain if it will run the programmes...an iPad won’t. Finally booted up a steam powered laptop..lo and behold...33 modules to go through and take a test after each one....modules such as Equality diversity and human rights, fire safety, manual handling!!!! data security, radicalisation!!!!!!! I’ve never been in the medical profession, the closest being a Police medic and passing the firearms medics training but I thought..if they are happy for me to stick needles in people under supervision ...I’ll help out.....but common sense tells you that having to do these modules is a complete waste of time and will undoubtedly put many retired medics off. I’ve already spent hrs wading through the crap. Will I continue? Only God knows..

REF ABOVE: Breaking News: Dr Liam Fox (Conservative MP) has just asked this question of the PM in Questions reference dropping the bureaucracy!!!

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
I wonder if countries will make the vaccine a mandatory requirement before entry, with certificates to prove you are vaccinated?
Loads of Countries require the Yellow Fever jab records. I had a job offer for Titan Airways that Yellow Fever and Hep jabs had to be proved and in date as a pre employment requiste. I expect many countries will do so for Covid in time.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As I now work for the NHS I was able to book a jab and had the first one at 11:30. The Pfizer one. At time of posting I don't feel any different than I did before I had the jab. My arm aches a tad where the needle went in, the same as it did when I had my flu jab last October. For me it would seem there is nothing to see here, move along please...

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
As I now work for the NHS I was able to book a jab and had the first one at 11:30. The Pfizer one. At time of posting I don't feel any different than I did before I had the jab. My arm aches a tad where the needle went in, the same as it did when I had my flu jab last October. For me it would seem there is nothing to see here, move along please...
Just wait until you start setting off those security detectors in supermarkets.