• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Usas

Robby

Corporal
You can remember me?

You can remember me?

Robby, I was on the USM course with you mate but now been out of proper stores for 18 months and due to go OOA next Dec, so will not have have done Duty USM for approx 2 1/2 years. Has MJDI changed the process's much, Monthly back up etc.....

If you can remember me on that course you have a far better man than me, it seems ages ago now - I remember going back to my Unit being told I needed more practical experience - and became the deputy Prime USM - oh joy!

If anything PSA is easier but you really need to watch a back up to see how complicated it can be!!! If you PM me I will pass on some other top tips! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Started my life on 4/72 (Tab, ETX, Send). Converted to USAS back in the day, then had to remember how to use DLT at MPA in '94. As a Supp II we weren't allowed to use the terminals, until the magic of the Supp I course with SC tagged on. I was actually in the middle of a lesson when me and Swede Hindle got an offer of a flight in an RN Lynx, cool!

M

mrkeith185

Computer Systems

Computer Systems

Folks, all this talk of old systems has brought a lump to my throat and made my fingers ache. I think it's been a long time in getting to the stage we are now at, what with multi systems all linked on one desktop etc. But I do miss the micro fishe spools!!

jack brew

Sergeant
As a smally, I don't know what these old systems are :pDT_Xtremez_35: but as far as integrating the systems we use, there is still some way to go!

LITS and VITAL and USAS/MJDI should be as one, saves you doing the same transaction three times :) At least the POL batch stuff is integrated now!

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
As a smally, I don't know what these old systems are :pDT_Xtremez_35: but as far as integrating the systems we use, there is still some way to go!

LITS and VITAL and USAS/MJDI should be as one, saves you doing the same transaction three times :) At least the POL batch stuff is integrated now!

Did I read that correctly? LITS and USAS are still not integrated? When I left the RAF a few years ago, USAS and LITS were separate systems and there was the intention to bring all the logistics systems into one. LITS was such a cluster that there was a big meeting every month with a suit from Wyton who was trying to get the thing to work.

VITAL was just starting to come on line so I can't comment on that one.

It looks like you're still waiting for the 'Big Bang'.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Did I read that correctly? LITS and USAS are still not integrated? When I left the RAF a few years ago, USAS and LITS were separate systems and there was the intention to bring all the logistics systems into one. LITS was such a cluster that there was a big meeting every month with a suit from Wyton who was trying to get the thing to work.

VITAL was just starting to come on line so I can't comment on that one.

It looks like you're still waiting for the 'Big Bang'.

Will they join LITS and USAS before they're both replaced ?

My money says no. If they integrate the two, engineers could order their own spares....... Supply would NEVER let that happen :pDT_Xtremez_31:

M

monobrow

My money says no. If they integrate the two, engineers could order their own spares....... Supply would NEVER let that happen :pDT_Xtremez_31:
Strangely enough, that was one thing it was going to do but IIRC, the RAF never bought that bit. They've got suppliers FFS!

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts

Strangely enough, that was one thing it was going to do but IIRC, the RAF never bought that bit. They've got suppliers FFS!

That certainly was the idea under LITS Tranche 2 stock control.

The "plan" was that the engineer, in scheduling his work for the weeks ahead, would simply enter a code number for the planned work and the date and time the spares were required. The system had been pre-programmed with all the spares required for that code and bingo!, the supply terminal would spew out a list of issues 24 hours before they were required! Anyone spot a possible weakness??

Unfortunately, the 'brains' that came up with the idea had been away from the coal face for too long and had lost touch with reality. In a meeting in London, words were exchanged and although I'm not claiming the credit for forcing a re-think, I think my words and those of a 2nd line engineering colleague were enough for some-one to go away and re-check what was proposed. I know it triggered a reaction from the SCC side of things, resulting in some very urgent 're-positioning' from the sponsors of the 'plan'.

M

monobrow

I hear LITS will be taken over by JAMES 2

Almost. From what I remember JAMES 2 is the current "LITS" like system the army use on their land assets. JAMES 5 is a concept that will integrate all the current electronic docs into one package (WRAM, LITS, ESS, etc) so that no matter what aircraft type you work on, the front end will all be the same.

(now I shall bow out of the stacker forum as it's going a smidge Off Topic )

TABETX AND SEND

Corporal
Yes I have seen them all, 1010 was still in use at Marham when I joined in 1975. Still in for now. Those in the know will recognise my log in name and what system it belonged to.

stacker4ever

Hot Refueller
I aint being funny but i have read through this thread and am ashamed to say i have no idea what the fook most of my fellow stackers are on about. I have done more jobs than just TSW, I joined in 89 and didnt do my first tour here til 98, then i left in 02 and came back in 04. So really i havent been out of main supply for the majority of my career (used in the loosest possible terms), but i am still surprized that i dont have a clue what all this MJDI AND usas 11 what happened to just plain old usas or dlt??

Is there any hope for this ding dong in the real air force? Or should i just hide in a 12x12 in a field til my pension?

Answers on a postcard please (In block capitals)

Gillo

Banned
Is there any hope for this ding dong in the real air force? Or should i just hide in a 12x12 in a field til my pension?

Answers on a postcard please (In block capitals)

Shame on you. I thought you were a proper wing mong surely you mean hiding in your shell scrape living off the land. 12x12 are for shed mongs and slammers.

J

(JR)

Sorry for being ignorant but what does the abreviation for MJDI mean.