• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UK to increase F35 fleet.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

The head of the Royal Air Force has confirmed plans to purchase 74 F-35B jets adding that it is “possible” the UK may eventually have a fleet of 138 F-35s.​

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Still maintain that RAF should have concentrated on Air Superiority, Transport etc and Navy have F35Bs as part of Strike capability operating from Naval platforms. Would have reduced in-fighting etc. Unless of course the plan is for the F35Bs to even replace the 'Phoons in the future and be the mainstay Multi-Role aircraft that does everything?????

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Still maintain that RAF should have concentrated on Air Superiority, Transport etc and Navy have F35Bs as part of Strike capability operating from Naval platforms. Would have reduced in-fighting etc. Unless of course the plan is for the F35Bs to even replace the 'Phoons in the future and be the mainstay Multi-Role aircraft that does everything?????
Replacing the Buffoon will be the 6th Gen Aircraft, Tempest.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Need another round of redundancies to pay for these and to get rid of the dead wood (like me :))

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Link not working for me for some reason.

I recall one of the Hutton report recommendations was to move to statutory redundancy payments, i guess this has happened then?

I'll keep trying the link.

Last edited:

4everAD

Sergeant
Link not working for me for some reason.

I recall one of the Hutton report recommendations was to move to statutory redundancy payments, i guess this has happened then?

I'll keep trying the link.
Sorry I didn't try the link before sharing, school boy error! I think it might not be working as they now need to figure in the (new) 2015 Pension figures, similar to the Pension calculator update?