• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Uk Conscription

Y

You Can Call Me Al

Both well-grounded...and VERY old
Superfluous G in that sentence! FAT Controller - we've had words before; your libellous statements will not go unchallenged! Pot - kettle.....

Back to the topic. Nope, I've forgotten what it was about. :confused:

Oh yes, conscription. Dilutes the expertise modern fighting forces need. Can't work.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Nope, don't want the scum in my Air Force. I agree with some kind of community service, but since we signed up to the Human rights thingy, we would be hard pressed to make the chav and chavettes of this world actually do anything. Agree with DrillInstructor if we do it, we do it properly, old school styley (kick it!)

I

Inch High PI

Am with Stax on this, I am young (26, although I can't seem to have a nights sleep without having to get up for a pi*h anymore???) and joined up when I was 19.

When I joined up in 98, I think chavism was just coming in so we had a reasonably good intake, but I now see some of the new people coming through the system and I can do nothing but shake my head in despair.

Some of them have joined for totally the wrong reason an expect everything on a fookin plate. Maybe its just me that has been lucky, that I have had some good JNCOs and SNCOs since I finished basic and trade training.

If we were to conscript chavs and chavettes into the RAF, RN or Army it would have to be done 1950s style, or the wee neds would run amock. How are we meant to punish chavs that won't do what their told, nowadays?

I watched badlads army and the previous programmes and thought they were quite entertaining and in some cases they achieved their aim and turned chavs into decent blokes that realised the error of their ways. Obviously there was some playing up to cameras but I think the "instructors" came across quite well and some of the lads even joined up at he end.

So what I propose is begin chav conscription for the army (not the air force, we are far to civilised) and bring all the old, crusty most evil nasty bast*rd retired RSMs etc back into service and let them beast chavs for two years.

G

goatblower

Got a better idea, why not castrate the scum, so breeding would be impossible. This could be done at minimum taxpayer expence (couple of good old London bricks) and there could be regional and national competitions held monthly to see who gets to do it. Something along the lines of the Lottery perhaps??? After a few decades the Hoodies and scumbuckets would cease to exist and we could all relax in our new found eutopia!!!

Harrahhhh....

Anyway, no to conscription please, its hard enough to get the ballbags we are getting now to do any work!!! :D :D

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

I'm with goatblower on this (careful how you say that!) - the national cull of chavs and scum would save a furtune! No more sponging off the state (don't get me started - it's not immigrants, but UK born layabouts that are bleeding the country dry) and not only that, the general reduction in the number of violent, illiterate, social responsibility dodging, truent playing brats would reduce the number of state-funded schools that are required. This would free-up some delightful 'prime for re-development' real-esate in up-coming town-centre locations (now free from free-roaming drugged-up yobs).

You with me Plumber and Bluntend? :D ;)

all us decent citizens can pay for our charming and delightful 'straight from a CS Lewis novel' middle-class darlings to attend proper schools.

With appropriate admissions tests of course.:D

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Is the world to rights yet?
No it's bl**dy not. Chavs Chavettes Neds scum the lot of em if. Working on the fact that if most of the people posting on this site are in the forces and of a similar age range to myself (obviously quite a wide range depending upon the age of the lady I'm talking to)(Seems reasonable) then I blame our parents who had the vote in the 60's and in their efforts to be cool hip right on or whatever the bloody hippies said. They let the left overs from WWII into power. Obviously they weren't the brave upstanding lads and lasses that actually fought but the liberal bleeding heart, lily livered concientious objectors who shied away from fighting the Hun and Co. This allowed a small chink in the armour that held the louts at bay. They brought their kids up to be free thinking individuals who then, again wrongly thought that their kids should have the same right to free thought. What this generation forgot is that they were moderated by an education system that was still allowed to beat 7 bells out of you for having your shirt untucked. Unlike today where shouting is frowned upon so there is no control or steering to the development of todays youth. Now unfortuneately putting them into the forces is like shutting the door after the horse has bolted they can't be turned into reasonable people without law suit after law suit for not allowing them to have burberry webbing or for being made to get up before 9. We need to curtail the welfare state benefits bring back workhouses and like has been said before pray to god that they don't breed.:D
To this end next time I see my parents I fully intend to tell them that all my problems are their fault because of this, and that it's not fair that I have to go to bed by 11 when my little sister goes at 10:30.

T

The Controller

Blimey 'Rest Have Risen Above Me'!!!! Feel a bit strong about this do we??;)

an education system that was still allowed to beat 7 bells out of you for having your shirt untucked

Used to leave mine untucked on purpose! AHhhh the cane....now that was real enjoyment....er sorry....schooling!

PS...I had the vote in the 60's! Feel VERY old now!

PPS...You Can Call Me Al had the vote in the 40's.....he still wonders why we don't reinstate Churchill as PM. Bless.

S

shoutingwind

Say No to chavs!

Say No to chavs!

>>>Ask someone why they joined the RAF - how many will respond with such respect and dignity??>>>

<in a very small voice in the corner>
umm, me? i joined at 17 and been in 3 years.i joined because i wanted to serve my country and because i believe in duty. please don't hit me.

if i'd joined for money, i wouldn't have i'd have a mind numbing yet high paying office job or been a shelf stacker at tescos.

don't bring in national service because it won't work. if you could beat the cr@p out of them then maybe, but being a pink fluffy bunny hugging kinda air force, it ain't gonna work.

T

The Controller

Shoutingwind...
i joined because i wanted to serve my country and because i believe in duty. please don't hit me.

Wouldn't dream of it!!!! In fact (for fear of sounding V old and patronising)....I would deem it an honour for you to work in my/our section!

Hurrah! Youngsters are not all bad after all:)

B

Bushy Mills

shoutingwind said:
umm, me? i joined at 17 and been in 3 years.i joined because i wanted to serve my country and because i believe in duty. please don't hit me.

Hooray - and there in lies the reason we do what we do (or in my case - did)

Cos the whole generation is not crap and every so often we can still recognise ourselves...:)

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Caught on a bad day.

Caught on a bad day.

TC of course I feel strongly and you can't pass the chance of a good rant up. If you can't rant every so often you might as well let the little 5ods into the Royal Air Force...Oh we are letting them in ....Better stop ranting then... AND I HOPE THAT VOTE WAS IN THE LAST BIT OF THE 60'S SO IT DIDN'T COUNT;) ....
There was a little voice in the corner. START SHOUTING LIKE YOUR NAME SAYS:D It sounded quite sensible and refreshing.

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

shoutingwind said:
>>>Ask someone why they joined the RAF - how many will respond with such respect and dignity??>>>

<in a very small voice in the corner>

if i'd joined for money, i wouldn't have i'd have a mind numbing yet high paying office job or been a shelf stacker at tescos.

don't bring in national service because it won't work. if you could beat the cr@p out of them then maybe, but being a pink fluffy bunny hugging kinda air force, it ain't gonna work.

Ahhh - she's the one!! I knew there was one out there somewhere - quick get her to a main CIO and a star role on the next docusoap!!!
Well done - to be honest, I joined for all the right honourable reasons and I was shocked by the lack of such direction when I got in! Hopefully you will continue to serve for many more years under the steam you joined up and encourage those below you to do the same.

S

shoutingwind

LOOK AND SEE HOW LOUD I CAN SHOUT!

thanks guys its nice to know not everyone laughs if you join for the right reasons. conscription would be usefull for one thing and one thing only- they could do gate gaurd! it'd save the rest of use the b@llache!:)

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
Good on yer ShoutingWind! I thought we were a dying breed. It warms the cockles to know that there are those of the younger generation who carry the flame of old school ethos.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

I joined with all of those principles and full of enthusiasm. I still am and as loyal as ever. However, the powers that be determined that there are just too many of my branch. So, they stop any extensions of service, irrespective of performance, and achieve the desired reduction in numbers. Many of us are in the same boat and will be allowed to leave, taking with us our on-the-job experience (which at this early stage is part of the preparation for more senior positions), our 2 years of official training (and only 4 years productive service) and all of our potential.

I'm trying not to sound bitter - but I can't help feeling let down by an organisation I have been extremely proud to be part of. Anyone else in a similar situation?