• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

U.K. armed forces recruit backseat driver tech

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Who cares I haven't driven a proper MT vehicle for years they're all hire stuff and they won't be fitting em.
feel sorry for the 2mt boys and the like though

P

pie sandwich

I thought that that was going to be some sort of recruitment drive to get more women in the Armed forces:pDT_Xtremez_30:

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Makes you wonder how long it will be before some idiot decides to start charging people for breaking MT orders.

norfolkred1

Sergeant
I suspect the Pongos will be hardest hit with this one. Too many white fleet in the RAF now. The standards of the young lads coming out of Leconfield beggers belief. So many go to Leconfield without a B class but leave with a C+E before they are 20. Should be some good reading. If you know it's there will it make you a better driver or not...

01jonesj

LAC
this back seat driver thing may be the reason someone i was at leconfield with is now not alowed to drive on the road in any MT vehicle. he was unaware of this thing in a car and was caught doing over 100 in it by this machine thing... sucker!

Minor

SAC
My old police force had similar machines inside their patrol cars. If ever we were involved in polacs (police collisions) the data would be transfered from the box and would show speed, distance, breakage etc. The damn things even knew when the sirens were switched on/off.

When they were first installed it dramatically improved the driving of all the officers as there was then no excuses.