• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Troop Aid Collections and E. Goat support

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Has anyone received one of these bags through the door. Got one this morning and it looks a bit dodgy. Looking at the literature and the things they want including Jewellery and TOWES whatever they are. So have been on the site and discovered that E.Goat supports them. Now I am not sure if the bag boys have piggy backed the site or the whole company is on the take. Ring, Ring, Hello trading standards methinks

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I know the owner of D&P textiles, who collects for Troop Aid... And I know he is fuming about this... As said before, if you get a bag from Troop Aid... Ring Pam at TroopAid to check they are collecting in your area. If they are not... Give Trading Standards or the Old Bill a ring.

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Cheers FOMZ, at least I know that E.Goat supports Troop Aid but there is always some shyster trying to make a fast buck on the back of a genuine Charity

Sniffer

Super Moderator
I never ever use these charity bags (well except as bin liners). I get at least 3 a week through the door. They always have registered company numbers on them rather than registered charity numbers. I suspect charities see a very small percentage of what the company makes.

I would much rather take it direct to a charity shop. That way someone gets some decent clobber at a bargain price and a charity gets some money and if you register for gift aid with your donations the government tips a few quid in too. Plus I get updates as to how much my donations have raised.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
A bag turned up this morning in our gaff and I called. Basically, if it has M&P Global Trading and a registered charity number on it is kosher.

70% of (the profit I assume) goes to Troopaid.