• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tranche Three

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
Ok fellow goaters, who is going to apply for the next round and who is going to stay to turn the wind sock off?

Me? if I am in the age range then I am offskiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :pDT_Xtremez_30:

B

Bluntend

I'm begining to think that announcing that there'd be a third tranch was a ploy to get people to hang around for a few more months after Tranch 2. How many of us would already have PVR'd by now if there was no likelyhood of a nice redundancy payment on the horizon?

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Bluntend said:
I'm begining to think that announcing that there'd be a third tranch was a ploy to get people to hang around for a few more months after Tranch 2. How many of us would already have PVR'd by now if there was no likelyhood of a nice redundancy payment on the horizon?

bah! I've been lumped with a package a bit like redundancy, only without the benefits...

(and so have you Blunty!)

but I do agree, rumours of tranche 3 were a ploy!

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

I hate to break it to you but they will kick you eventually (maybe you will get a carriage clock with a roundel or eagle on it). then they will leave you to rot away in your own existence and not have the institutionalised lifestyle you so fondly love... Alternatively - get out when you have the chance of a second life and you have your wits about you!

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

Thats easy - go on one of those reality TV shows like bad lads army and be a discipline drill instructor - or you could work for the inland revenue or the JPA helpdesk!

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
Bruce, Wheel Clamper, Traffic warden or Speed Camera operator would seem to suit your talents.

Mighty_Wokka

Corporal
Hello all - first post-

Anyway back on subject - I've heard that Trance 3 will have no trade group 2 slots (Leckie/Fairy). Also a rumour that certain SAC / SAC(T) may get offered an early ticket home due to large overmanning issues?

B

Bombhead

:pDT_Xtremez_32:

I have heard that they may be more Traunces, but the deal will not be as good. I hope that I am in the frame. I do not want to be part of this Micky Mouse outfit anymore. End 2 End, Lean & Rapid Inprovement Events, we are not a civvy company that can just get rid of when we want and then panic recruit to fill the gaps. You cannot put an old experienced head on these new AMM's. I have just left Lossie and on one shift they gave two Cpl's acting Sgt and a JT and SAC tech acting Cpl. If that is not a recipe for disaster then I do not know what is. You cannot blame the blokes for taking it, but the system is putting them in a very dangerous predicament.

M

monobrow

no tranche 3 TG2 slots, but SAC(T) slots. Hopefully there will be some TG2 SAC(T) slots, cos if there is........

Time to make like a swastika

MeerKat

SAC
My Opinion...

My Opinion...

for what it's worth...

Despite my enthusiasm and love of the job, if the package is good enough then I'd walk for no other reason than I find it increasingly difficult to 'do the flt cdr' thing and try and tell my guys that all is well, when they can see that it quite obviously isn't - None of us are stupid, nor do we have a bottomless pit of dedication or loyalty.
I also believe that the 'can do attitude' has broken under the strain and that we (the service) are currently running on luck; the implementation of JPA, Lean, the outragious decision to procure A400 without DAS and PAYD (to name a few) are all areas that have great potential to go wrong, with some serious consequencies.
All too often, what starts as a decent, well thought-out desire to improve or modernise something, ends up being poorly implemented or introduced into service late, without all the functionality we would like or with bits missing to cut costs, hence we end up getting something second rate mainly thanks to the heavy influence of the accountants. We cannot be treated like a business that has to produce a profit, it is simply not that simple and to steal someone else's words: Our bottom line is bringing everyone home alive, not feathering the caps of share holders.
I know it can be argued that the NHS or Police, or indeed many other areas of public service are in an equally poor state, but I wear a blue suit so care about HM's Royal Air Force. There, got it off my chest.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Although not at work at the moment so don't hang your hat on this but I've heard that the announcement on this tranche is delayed until wednesday... with no explanation as to why.

Anyone else heard this?

M

monobrow

Vim_Fuego said:
Although not at work at the moment so don't hang your hat on this but I've heard that the announcement on this tranche is delayed until wednesday... with no explanation as to why.

Anyone else heard this?

Probably as you'll have to fill it out on JPA

P

POB

The Announcement is Tomorrow!

The Announcement is Tomorrow!

I have just had an email stating that the "Redundancy Program, Tanche 3" will be announced at 0900hrs tomorrow morning! Succesful applicants will be notified in September.

Well fingers crossed...

Edited for fat fingers...

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
If I'm in the brackets then I'm applying for definate. Back in 1985 when I joined this outfit I thought that it was the mutts nuts. However, by the mid 90's options for change and all that crap had started to erode the whole service ethos and what was a fantastic job has now turned into a nightmare.

All those years ago I could'nt wait to get to work to have a laugh with the lads and do the job I was being paid for. Now I dread going to work due to the fact that I can no longer see any of the attributes that once made me love the job and the company I work for.

Lets face it, if they did'nt have you by the short and curlies waiting for that 22 year pension then I bet that 80% of the NCOs' would have PVR'd years ago.......anyone agree?

T

The origional Pob

You guys are lucky that You have heard about tranche 3...even if they are roumors!. I am ooa at the mo and we have heard nothing....oh and as for JPA???? anyone tried ringing the helpline yet?. we just get binned out...when i did get through the answer was go and see Your admin staff!!....our terminal doesn't work....tranche three sounds fantastic...wonder if it will apply?. shall wait with bated breath!.