• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Training supplements - Medic advice required

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Hello all,

There has been this training supplement called Jack3d knocking around and it's caused a few questions to be asked. Are there any medics out there that confirm or deny that it is legal in the RAF? Just wondering before folk get kicked out for failing CDT...!?

D

dozyscopie1

Have a look at this mate, looks like it may be on dodgy ground. Couldn't say for certain though. Seems to be a few countries have banned it. You know if the States are considering banning it there must be something wrong, they let their lads take anything.

http://www.jack3d.org/banned

gray

Sergeant
The last time I went 'Willy Watching' the CDT Team stated that anything bought in the UK should be OK, but anything bought overseas is dodgy - especially from the USA/BX shops, and is best declared if CDT come around - just in case.

Gray

I asked my local medics here down in Norfolk, they came back after they sought advice and said its a big no no. It shows up as amphetamine on the CDT tests

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There is also a DIN recently been published but because I'm not on Op Massive I didn't take a lot of notice... Have a trawl through the back catalogue...

JPJ83

SAC
I think the general summary is that protein (e.g. whey, egg-based products) supplementation is fine. Creatine, also fine. They point out that they are probably only needed for hard-working athletes, that a balanced diet is enough for most people, and people should not rely on supplements for most of their nutrition - they are not designed for this (e.g. as a PAYD substitute).

Substances taken to have a desired chemical effect on the body - e.g. fat burners, pro-anabolic products, testosterone-stimulants etc, are all probably forbidden. This would likely include some of the active ingredients in Jack3d.