• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trade Sponsors

FLWO

LAC
The Game Isn't Over Until The Fat Lady Is Singing

The Game Isn't Over Until The Fat Lady Is Singing

You go away for five minutes and the forum page fills up! Anyway, contrary to any rumours posted here or any number of other rumours that I have heard - the trade is still alive and kicking. A lot of people are jumping to conclusions - usually the wrong ones - but no decisions have been made yet - which is why you haven't heard anything.

Rest assured that there are people representing the B&T who have a vested interest in it's future.

I thought about starting the rumour that we should all go back to Hereford - reminiscing of Wednesday 'sports' afternoons down the Market Tavern and dodgy nights in the Crystal Ball rooms - heh ho.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
You go away for five minutes and the forum page fills up! Anyway, contrary to any rumours posted here or any number of other rumours that I have heard - the trade is still alive and kicking. A lot of people are jumping to conclusions - usually the wrong ones - but no decisions have been made yet - which is why you haven't heard anything.

Rest assured that there are people representing the B&T who have a vested interest in it's future.

I thought about starting the rumour that we should all go back to Hereford - reminiscing of Wednesday 'sports' afternoons down the Market Tavern and dodgy nights in the Crystal Ball rooms - heh ho.

Which begs the question, when can we expect some decisions to be made?

Hereford is re-opening, you heard if from FLWO! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Humble Scribe

Sergeant

Welcome back FLWO! Best rumour I've heard in years and I was just about to rush back to work to change my employment preferences however I suddenly realised that, should the rumour be true, there will already be AO raised for 90% of the career managers, careers advice officers (sorry we don't have them anymore do we!), and Trade Sponsors who would prefer to travel west on the A40 rather than east (as they've already filled up the AT base) and retain their Glos mansions!! Never mind I'll have to settle for dreaming of those halcyon days!

Looking forward to hear what you have to say on 25/26 Apr and putting all those rumours firmly to bed!

KingGuin

Sergeant
Hereford is re-opening, you heard if from FLWO! :pDT_Xtremez_31:[/QUOTE]

Off Topic Off Topic Crystal Rooms...sighs..... no-one told me she was the Stn Cdr's daughter.......Off Topic Off Topic

K

Kernow

Which begs the question, when can we expect some decisions to be made?
Hereford is re-opening, you heard if from FLWO! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

This is the Air Farce TBJ, you don't get decisions made, just more reviews to discuss the previous review.

Seriously, it would be good to have some sort of update (official) which give us a good indication of what these people are thinking. Yes there are many rumours flying round and I admit to passing on a few. Some Chf Clks are repeating these rumours and the young lads are taking them as gospel. The rumours I have heard are: that the decision on what posts we will be required to fill in the future are changing daily as they don't have a clue where the trade is going. That this review which I believe was due to end in Aug last year could go on for at least another 6 months with no action from the review until another 6 months after that. Also that the trade is likely to be approx 200 Sgts overborne. Now I don't know how true these are but it would be good to see something coming out of the TS to give us an update and hopefully kill most of the rumours.

Off Topic Any hoo, I'm sorry guys and gals but I had been led to believe that 'Sticky Carpets' is no longer with us. I had been told that it had changed in to a trendy bar with polished wood floor (carpets were burnt). Shame really it was the best place in town (maybe the only place) for a decent 'Grab a Granny' nite. Then again being 16 and an arf when I was there everyone was old enough to be my granny!

K

Kernow

Might be just over 200 left after the cuts. But I'm only guessing.

If it is correct then where does it leave those aspiring to gain their 3rd? The promise of no affect on promotion with redundancy etc doesn't seem to be ringing true.

Are they hoping that the 200 will leave shortly either time served or just generally fcuked off.

Last edited:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
If it is correct then where does it leave those aspiring to gain their 3rd? The promise of no affect on promotion with redundancy etc doesn't seem to be ringing true.

Ar ethey hoping that the 200 will leave shortly either time served or just generally fcuked off.

Wait until June, mate. If there has been no announcement on the future of the trade by then, the promotion board/drafters will have no choice but to work according to today's establishment. We may both get lucky.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
I thought we were due to hear something at the Chf Clks conference next month. There's certainly some promotions going on at the moment - just ask the FS's in PMA6!

K

Kernow

I thought we were due to hear something at the Chf Clks conference next month. There's certainly some promotions going on at the moment - just ask the FS's in PMA6!

That is the problem though, the unrest and uncertainty is now. Why do we have to keep waiting for information on what is happening. Why aren't they coming out with a this is where its going brief to all the CCs so that they can update everyone. This could possibly squash most of the rumours out there at the moment.

K

Kernow

Wait until June, mate. If there has been no announcement on the future of the trade by then, the promotion board/drafters will have no choice but to work according to today's establishment. We may both get lucky.

I given up worrying about it, I played the waiting game last year. Put up with different things (you know what I mean) and it got me nowhere. The plan is to just sit back relax and enjoy life. If it comes to me great if not, then I'm sure Tescos will still be recruiting night shelf stackers when I leave.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
That is the problem though, the unrest and uncertainty is now. Why do we have to keep waiting for information on what is happening. Why aren't they coming out with a this is where its going brief to all the CCs so that they can update everyone. This could possibly squash most of the rumours out there at the moment.

Because those that are making the decisions don't even know themselves yet - it changes on a daily basis; lets face it they've only had 6 or 7 years to come up with a plan, give them time FFS!

M

mfo

Just a quick question to all you fellow staties out there....................does anyone know wether TG17 will no longer provide support to Stats?

My view is that Statties will always be phased out at the earliest opportunity even though I am acutely aware that there would still be work that would be need to be done by somebody [civil servants]. If the trade sponsors get their way, all stattie posts will be civilianised as soon as possible so that personnel in these posts can be used for 'throughbred' Pers Admin roles!

:raf: