• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TPW reserve

A

AWOL

Are there any members on here who know anything about the RAF reserve tactical provost wing.

M

Mentaldrummer1980

Try this

Try this

Are there any members on here who know anything about the RAF reserve tactical provost wing.

Try RAFPolice.co.uk mate they will be able to help you with info.

A

AWOL

Why are you asking?

At the moment I am serving with the TA but I am very interested in the RAF reserve, at first I was interested in the RAF reg but this is not possible due to them only recruiting from a local area and I don't live in mainland Britain. But I have been told there might be a possibility with the RAF reserve police as they recruit from all over, so that's the first thing I need to find out.

O

Oh sir

If you send a PM to member "bitter and twisted" he'll be able to help. He's on TPW so he's best placed to advise.

B

Bitter&Twisted

Speak to 3 Sqn direct:

Officer Commanding
3 RAuxAF Sqn
Tactical Provost Wing
Royal Air Force Henlow
Bedfordshire
SG16 6DN
Tel 01462 851515 Ext 8242

I know that at the moment personnel from 3 Sqn are currently about to deploy to Macedonia, Iraq and Afghanistan to cover for the TPW regulars who are undergoing BOWMAN conversion :pDT_Xtremez_17:

But I have been told there might be a possibility with the RAF reserve police as they recruit from all over, so that's the first thing I need to find out.

Yes they do - one fella even travels in from Norway!!

Last edited:
A

AWOL

Thanks for the info Bitter&Twisted I will try giving them a ring, would you know what kind of training they get up to and what kind of role they are used in most.

B

Bitter&Twisted

Training obviously includes the military police skills and drills but they also do a lot of basic infantry type fieldcraft which as a member of the TA I'm sure you would have no problem with.

The sqn hasn't really been utilised a lot mainly because thay have had to wait for everybody to finish their training and 'pass out' as RAF coppers.

In the past they have mainly been used to supplement the regulars, covering policing duties at airshows etc (RIAT at Fairford is usually a fave). However as mentioned in my previous post, they are now ready to deploy, however they are only covering the Air Transport Security dets in Iraq and Afghanistan whilst the regulars covert to BOWMAN.

O

Oh sir

Come on, maybe a little but a not a LOT !

:pDT_Xtremez_17:

More than anyone else in the RAF with the exception of your lot of monkeys! I did a 6 week infantry course for the 814 role.

Now away with yer p*ss taking, pebble monkey! ::p:

Gunnerrock

Corporal
I was only trying to enlighten the chap to the truth.

More than anyone else in the RAF

Don't all the ACSSU's do a similar trg package? You lot just add on LOCP

I did a 6 week infantry course for the 814 role.

You then proceeded to call yourselves "rockcops" if I remember. (Bloody wannabe's)

Now away with yer p*ss taking, pebble monkey! ::p

47 min for a bite, not bad :pDT_Xtremez_19:

O

Oh sir

Well if you're looking for some bites mate, quite honestly, do one.

It's not the fight club, it's a Police forum.

I don't post fishing threads in the Regiment forum.

Mods, can we keep an eye on this please? Thanks.

Gunnerrock

Corporal
Off Topic

OS and Fomz (Mod)

This was supposed to be a bit of light hearted banter, I read the post by "Bitter and Twisted" and it caused me a bit of a smile.

Please tell me if I am incorrect in regards to the fieldcraft statements.

It was supposed to be banter, that is why the smilies are there.

Best regards.

Off Topic

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Gunnerrock

Welcome. The trade specific forums are designed to hekp people who have questions and also for members of the trade to chat about trade issues. We all enjoy a bit of banter but the trade specific forums are not the place for it we need to keep them solely for the purpose they were designed for, as you can imagine at one time this forum came in for quite some abuse and we dont want it descending into that again :)

Cheers

Gunnerrock

Corporal
Gunnerrock

Welcome. The trade specific forums are designed to hekp people who have questions and also for members of the trade to chat about trade issues.
We all enjoy a bit of banter but the trade specific forums are not the place for it we need to keep them solely for the purpose they were designed for, as you can imagine at one time this forum came in for quite some abuse and we dont want it descending into that again :)

chiprafp,

Thanks for the reply, I take it then that other trades are not allowed to inject comments in other trade specific forums - Please read some of the comments left by your trade in the rockapes forum, may I say good and truthfull comments, but intermixed with banter about how many gunners you all have nicked. Some other trades have not.

Now I have no problems with that, and have always enjoyed a good laugh with the Feds. (Apart from the time of my arrest(I wasn't guilty, I may add))
but my point about the fieldcraft was a truthful light hearted comment.

I will however take your point.

But, I may add that as I once served on TPW (now thats got some people thinking) and I thought I had a right to comment on it.

Many Thanks