• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Too old for a sportsbike?

Now I'm not talking dayglo one piece leather wearing weekend only born agains. But is there an age cut off point for when you should say good bye to the GSXR/ZX/YZF or is it all about how old you feel?

I treat myself to a CB1300 for my 50th, used mostly for commuting and the odd couple of days away, but I still miss the buzz if not the occasional discomfort of the plastic rockets.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
A naked bike will save your licence

A naked bike will save your licence

Nothing wrong with a fully nutter fared bike if you can fit yourself onto one, however a buzzzzz can be had on much more comfortable naked bike.

ajay

LAC
56, and last year moved from a fireblade to a BMW K1200LT. Miss the fun of the blade but am now able to walk straight even after 6 hours on the seat. Its still fun - just different fun ! (but I'd still like a sportsbike for Christmas) :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
Never too old, But if you dont want a full on sports bike and need something more sporty then you only have to head over to Hinkley. Speed Triple or Street Triple are the way to go. Complete hooligan machines but you can still walk and feel your arse after riding. Plus you have that 3 cylinder intoxicating howl! I am biased as i have a 675 Daytona. But i do get a numb arse after a couple of hours blatting around oxfordshire!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
I went halfy-halfy and bought an ER6F, quick enough for a laugh, fairing for the motorway, bars that help my back survive. Good for a blat and good for Europe, first time I've had a clean licence in 17 years and intend on keeping it that way.

MadFad

SAC
YZF1000 Thunderace, comfy, quick and keeps the heart ticking, even though its old (like me) a damn fine machine:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Parky

Corporal
When you can't mould yourself into the riding position of a sports bike or you can only do 300 yds without your joints screaming at you then it is time for a comfy bike.

Til then head down arse up throttle open and twisty roads yeeehhaaawww, I got a 96 blade in the urban tiger colours and just this weekend been playing on a mates tl1000 not going to give up riding these baby's til I can't get my leg over them.