• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Threads that never exist?

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
This could possibly be a thread for another area, but as it specifically relates to threads in this part of the forum I've posted it here.

I've seen many threads advertising on this part of the forum over the years, but every single one I've clicked on takes me to a 'thread does not exist' type-page.

I only ever have this problem with the job advert type threads - is it the RAF blocking me from looking elsewhere????

FOMz

Warrant Officer
If the thread is quite old, there is a chance it could have been archived.

Can you give some examples, so we can look into it?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Try clearing out your cookies.. when you get home can you try again and see if you get the same result?

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

I periodically get the message above - usually on interesting stories. Tonight it's on the one about the accountant at Honington.....

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I only use Firefox, and I've never had this issue. Could it be a browser problem?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The Technical Team will take a look at this soon...They are busy for the next couple of days but after that...

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Hmm, only have IE and Chrome on DII so will give the Googler a try in a bit.

Strange how it only affects threads in the jobs part of the forum though, and none of the others

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Ok I can get that thread to work on Chrome, so might be an IE plugin issue - MOD version of IE is so rediculously far out of date, I can't even bring up a map on it.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
For people having problems using Chrome have a look at >> Comodo Dragon << it is based on the Chrome browser and is very slick.