• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thought we'd got rid of this kind of behaviour?

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Johnny Mercer says "this unit is being disbanded today" can anyone enlighten me as to who he is and how he 's knows such things there's no link (I can see) in his social media thing. Not saying he's wrong or right just can't see where he gets his gen.
He's an MP, ex Army Commando officer (RA?) and, iirc, a junior defence minister

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Well Wiggy...

I can tell you that "Exemplary standards of conduct and behaviour" have been out of the window for a large while as your Officers tend to engage in patronising and condescending tones to their charges whilst actively promoting the "tick-box" SNCO merchants who get promoted no matter how poor they are at their jobs and treat their troops badly!!

Horse - Bolt - Cart.....

Something like this was always going to happen and be caught. No surprise to me really!!!!
Not sure that's totally correct; however reducing recruiting standards (to more closely reflect a society which obviously doesn't have any racist, homophobic, natural born thugs in it) ), reducing the formal disciplinary process (because people are fundamentally decent and don't need it as they are all kind & decent if you tell them to play nicely while teacher's out of the room) and reducing the status of NCO's as leaders to more 'team managers' with tick box objectives to meet whilst at the same time giving everyone farcical 'objectives' to play nicely for their SJARs was always going to end well wasn't it....... Oh, and turning the service into just another job instead of a career to be completed with pride in the service community helped as well.....

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Not sure that's totally correct; however reducing recruiting standards (to more closely reflect a society which obviously doesn't have any racist, homophobic, natural born thugs in it) ), reducing the formal disciplinary process (because people are fundamentally decent and don't need it as they are all kind & decent if you tell them to play nicely while teacher's out of the room) and reducing the status of NCO's as leaders to more 'team managers' with tick box objectives to meet whilst at the same time giving everyone farcical 'objectives' to play nicely for their SJARs was always going to end well wasn't it....... Oh, and turning the service into just another job instead of a career to be completed with pride in the service community helped as well.....
TBH... Better description of my thoughts really!!!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
When was "back then" ?
I was '86 and it was awful. It was the time of the 1st week beasting, having your block wrecked, animal parts and waste involved. I was nothing to do with the appos but one I knew invited me up to watch the first night beasting...I remember saying to one who was laid face down on the ground whilst having stuff poured on him 'you do know these aren't actually PTI's right? They are actually the same as you...appos?' but he was too rabbit in the headlights to process that fact.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I was '86 and it was awful. It was the time of the 1st week beasting, having your block wrecked, animal parts and waste involved. I was nothing to do with the appos but one I knew invited me up to watch the first night beasting...I remember saying to one who was laid face down on the ground whilst having stuff poured on him 'you do know these aren't actually PTI's right? They are actually the same as you...appos?' but he was too rabbit in the headlights to process that fact.

Did you report it ?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Did you report it ?
The people who I could have had a word with were there watching i.e. the DI's. Let's not forget I was AC Fuego who knew feck all about anything and if people of God-like rank were there in civvys watching you just think its the done thing.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Funny how the CAS video hasn't actually made it onto the RAF official website.

I am thinking that the individual that were defiled / raped during the ordeal will be in for a ton of compensation as they should be.

Here is hoping that the whole chain of command from L/Cpl up to the training squadron commander are held responsible along with the individuals perpetrators.

I can see this being the straw that broke the Ape's back, get rid of the whole regiment altogether !!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I hear it was some ball-joint part of the base of a mortar that was 'inserted' and the armorers attached to that mortar company had an active part in it?

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I hear it was some ball-joint part of the base of a mortar that was 'inserted' and the armorers attached to that mortar company had an active part in it?
I'm assuming they ran out of Mcvities Digestives for a game of Soggy Biscuits and needed alternative entertainment?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Has anyone made a complaint yet?

Gunners can be as thick as thieves.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
Obviously not condoning the actions of those involved in any way, but like many I dare say, I’m sick to death of the likes of the daily mail (doesn’t even deserve a capital letter) who’s sole aim in life is to shit stir and cause grief wherever it goes. In my opinion there is not a decent rag amongst them, either locally or nationally. The mail won’t give a flying f3ck about the airman involved, just about causing shit until it moves on to its next scoop.

...now what will happen if said Rockape states he gave consent to the ‘ceremony’ and any such penetration?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
They'll probably get them on distributing lewd videos and bang them on the sex offenders list.

Wonder what would happen if you had a burning piano stuck up your Arse?

Vushtrri

Sergeant
They'll probably get them on distributing lewd videos and bang them on the sex offenders list.

Wonder what would happen if you had a burning piano stuck up your Arse?
I’d be suspicious as we don’t have a piano since I took it apart a month ago...but if I did , it would be a dangerous combination with my flatulence problem..

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Obviously not condoning the actions of those involved in any way, but like many I dare say, I’m sick to death of the likes of the daily mail (doesn’t even deserve a capital letter) who’s sole aim in life is to shit stir and cause grief wherever it goes. In my opinion there is not a decent rag amongst them, either locally or nationally. The mail won’t give a flying f3ck about the airman involved, just about causing shit until it moves on to its next scoop.

...now what will happen if said Rockape states he gave consent to the ‘ceremony’ and any such penetration?
He can say what he likes. The RAF Regt is now Base Plate Boys forevermore. That stunt was a code red stunt from a Few Good Men. NCO driven. Those recruits would do what they are told. Phase 2 training recruits. That would be NCO driven. As for the papers, most of you on here believe the rest of the shite they publish. As for the Rocks, they have broken the catch all rules of the RAF. Bringing it into disrepute. They were set up by some NCO to do that (Old Skool). Bet he will not own up to it. The thread on PPRUNE on this has been killed BTW. It got messy with two people (one a rock) defending everything against WTF by everyone else. As a professional armed service, one has to be professional. If fight club happens, switch off the mobile phones.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Those folks had never been out of the training empire. RTS and Rock Ape instructors have all they have ever seen. What planet are you on? Not the one they were in. You been an RTS or Regiment training instructor? They haven't been outside in the real Air Force. They were behaving like being led like the old days. Pack led.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Shame Penguins Suck and ILLBW are no longer around to offer their opinion on this matter...

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Those folks had never been out of the training empire. RTS and Rock Ape instructors have all they have ever seen. What planet are you on? Not the one they were in. You been an RTS or Regiment training instructor? They haven't been outside in the real Air Force. They were behaving like being led like the old days. Pack led.
Not sure why you're having a pop at me there.... I am not defending what happened for one moment nor defending the culture nor denying that the culture that gave rise to this constituted a failure of leadership at all levels. If there was a pack mentality it's because of the standards they had themselves and observed from their NCOs. I suggested reasons why those standards might be so low, not justified the behaviour.