• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The V Force

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Thanks for that Wobbly, I remember the day (long term memory doesn't leave you), it was also within a week of my leaving the mighty V for Tonkas. I don't know why they discontinued the use of the Dumbo insignia and replaced with that plain 2D elephant, the Disney item looked far better. Also, spotters will have noticed the gloss painted jets, easy to clean when you've been sniffing down at the chinese!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Thanks for that Wobbly, I remember the day (long term memory doesn't leave you), it was also within a week of my leaving the mighty V for Tonkas. I don't know why they discontinued the use of the Dumbo insignia and replaced with that plain 2D elephant, the Disney item looked far better. Also, spotters will have noticed the gloss painted jets, easy to clean when you've been sniffing down at the chinese!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Seeing as how Dumbo is a trademark item, I would say the RAF were told to pay up or remove it !

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
If I'm correct, it was all above board and OK'd by Disney!:pDT_Xtremez_30:
Yes indeed - I was an NBS fitter on 27 from 75 - 79 and remember there was a letter from Disney kicking around the Sqn giving permission to use it while the Sqn was in the non-strike role. Thats probably why it was dropped when the Sqn moved to Tonkas

Very happy days - I especially enjoyed getting the Chinese Takeaways

Hu

Swingwinger

Sergeant
For any V Bomber enthusiasts then go to PLAY.COM. If you dont know has tried this site it is a cheap site for all multi media. You will find all sorts of DVD's and Books on lots of subjects,including V Bombers. Cheap place to purchase CD'S too.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Yes indeed - I was an NBS fitter on 27 from 75 - 79 and remember there was a letter from Disney kicking around the Sqn giving permission to use it while the Sqn was in the non-strike role. Thats probably why it was dropped when the Sqn moved to Tonkas

Very happy days - I especially enjoyed getting the Chinese Takeaways

Hu

Talking of Trademarked badges on V-Force Aircraft, anybody remember the Victors marked up as baked bean cans?

S

shoutingwind

being too young to have ever even seen the V force in flight, i would sure like too. Just a little story for you, hope you like it:
My mother joined up in 1977 as ATC and she had a plant called Victor, the plant travelled with her on postings, and is still going strong. She is now studying horticulture, and as part of that she made some cuttings of Victor and gave them to my sister and me, so of course k's plant is called Vulcan and mine is called Valiant. I know it isn't about the a/c but us younger generation still respect the V force.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
It's ALL about the Aircraft Shoutie, they are a big reason your not speaking Russian :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Вулкан(Пожар), никогда замеченный одна ваша честь :pDT_Xtremez_19:

(Vulcan?, never seen one your honour)

Last edited: