• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The rip at KAF. Questions

J

Jcpenny

Hi guys not sure where to put this thread, its regarding the rip army change-over at kaf, we have been told that during this period we can't be booked on flights until the rip is over, even though this would take us 14 days over the time that we were meant to be back in the UK.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

FOAs

SAC
No you can be booked on flights if there is a seat available but there is no guarantees youll get on it due to them being a higher priority passenger, im facing the same problem to so your not the only one with the problem mate.

J

Jcpenny

Hi mate, we just got told that you couldn't even be booked onto a flightat all until 2 weeks after end tour!!!!! whats the deal with that.

I understand that they have a higher prio, but to completely stop other personnel getting home is mental.

Last edited:
M

M&M

Hi guys not sure where to put this thread, its regarding the rip army change-over at kaf, we have been told that during this period we can't be booked on flights until the rip is over, even though this would take us 14 days over the time that we were meant to be back in the UK.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

RTU personnel are the lowest priority on flights back to the UK. You might still get lucky :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Guys...

Please keep Opsec in mind when posting....thanks.

FOAs

SAC
No they can book you on the flights its just the movers at KAF put as many people as they have ready to go on the flights which they dont really know until about an hour b4 the flight leaves. who was it that told you you couldnt be booked on the flight?

Last edited:

Shinyscot

Corporal
Having been OOA during the last RiP, it is common practice for pax to be waitlisted for the next available flight, then turn up at the terminal about half hour before check in closes and you might get on.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
The army block book seats, but to be honest - there's usually spare seats, unless it's at the height of the RIP.

May I suggest a friendly word with the RAF Movers in FMCC and maybe pay them a visit with some Jaffa Cakes or such like....... you never know!!!

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
The army block book seats, but to be honest - there's usually spare seats, unless it's at the height of the RIP.

May I suggest a friendly word with the RAF Movers in FMCC and maybe pay them a visit with some Jaffa Cakes or such like....... you never know!!!

Not bloody likely, they are the most inflexible bunch of cnuts I've had the misfortune to deal with, they have absolutely no idea about how we operate and don't seem to care. FMCC run the Airforce it seems

(can you tell I'm having trouble getting home?)

mark20s

LAC
Are you an IA or part of a FU? Either way you will have an EoT date with a JFET attached. RiP or no RiP it matters not.