• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The RAF kilt, a warning to those posted to jockland.

D

Donaldo

On my first day at Lossie many moons ago now, I was doing my arrivals chit.

At clothing stores, I was measured up - they told me this was for my kilt size.

The stacker asked me to try on a kilt (a first time for me), they did some more measuring and took a photograph. I just assumed this was par for the course.

Unfortunately this wasn't a kilt, it were a skirt, but how was I to know!

That photo haunts me to this day, it caused no end of laughter amongst my colleagues.

Did anyone else suffer the same fate?

G

gemarriott

The stacker asked me to try on a kilt (a first time for me), they did some more measuring and took a photograph. I just assumed this was par for the course.

That photo haunts me to this day, it caused no end of laughter amongst my colleagues.

I doubt any fcuker else woould be so fcuking gullible!

Pikeman

Cider one of the five
1000+ Posts
No.. I'll go with Gem's answer, no one else would be that gulible, mind you there are plenty of egits who sit with a pic of them in s10 with said ID 10T card either on wall or desk, so it may be a case of no one else admitting it:pDT_Xtremez_30:

We did get a chap to go and get some fellopian tubes from the Med centre once:pDT_Xtremez_35:

We also had a young photog turn up at EOD asking for some K9 P :pDT_Xtremez_09:

We sent her to the dog section as we had just run out.

W

Wonky Tonka

Kilts and ID10T's

Kilts and ID10T's

Still happens to this day at ISL.

You'd think that today's airmen would have a bit more savvy about them.............

K

kingbillygoat

What a d!ck!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

T

Trip Hazzard

Thanks Donaldo, you've given me a good little chuckle! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Did they give you an ID board with 10T on it to hold for the photo as well?

Amazingly, one of the AMMs on 1(F) has just had his ID10T photo done, and our friendly Photogs have blown the evidence up to epic size!

What next - send him to GEF for a Long Weight?

I was once responsible for sending a student nurse to the hospital library to get a copy of the braille patient's charter, but as the library only had one copy I asked her to get a photocopy.

She did!

I've also sent people to the pharmacy to collect Bowman's Capsules.

G

gustavo

Long stand, bag of sparks, box of radar returns, calibration tool for the wind sock, the list is endless!:S

left handed hammer
long weight
carpet with a deep shag

Old stacker trick was to give the LAC a box of irradiated air to take to the armoury for disposal along with their depleted uranium they put the ****ters up them by saying he was glowing and evacing the armoury (all phoned through in advance of course). That got stopped when the last lad actually **** himself

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
When my dad was the mess manager at Scampton many moons ago they used to get LAC's out of training into the officers mess.

One of their favourites was to get the LAC to tak tha balls off the snooker table and roll them down the long corridor. Any that don't roll straight where to be taken to stores and replaced.

Another.....Any darts that don't fly straight change at stores.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
A notice in the Tea Bar announcing the Annual Refund assessed pro-rata depending on days attended divided by tea drunk, multiplied by spoons of sugar, etc. Claims to be submitted in triplicate to NCO i/c Tea Swindle by stack.

You can fool some people all the time; some people some of the time; and a few people some of the time.

KingGuin

Sergeant
I may have (allegedly) sent an LAC to the Bosses office with an envelope in one hand and a hammer and nails in the other with a very nice request that he deliver the envelope before taking the hammer and nails back to workshops. He did as he was told unfortunately the Boss (absolutely unaware of what was going on) opened the envelope. The contents read along the lines of "You don't know me but you soon will. I believe you think you are the Boss but things are gonna change now that I'm here. If you don't start by giving me some extra leave I'm gonna take this hammer and nails and nail your d*ck to the desk. Now who's your Daddy?" My subsequent chat with the Boss was indeed without biscuits.

Obi Wan

Sergeant
In the "Old" days on Buccs we got a Air Comms type Chappy to do a Electron Leak Check on a Bucc, suitably attired in a Rubber Apron/Rubber boots/Rubber Gloves crawling around on all fours underneath said Bucc with a rubber Bucket. Those were the days

:pDT_Xtremez_14: