• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The New Boy

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
We had this new bloke turn up at work yesterday, and to my complete astonishment some people are talking to him already.

I however am obeying the time honoured tradition, and not talking to him for the first 2 weeks.

Am I living in the past, or is it the others that are wrong? :confused:

Last edited:

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
sausage2 said:
We had this new bloke turn up at work yesterday, and to my complete astonishment some people are talking to him already.

I however am obeying the time honoured tradition, and not talking to him for the first 2 weeks.

I am living in the past, or is it the others that are wrong? :confused:

Only 2 weeks Sausage old chum? are you getting soft? You will be telling me you let him make eye contact with you next. I would reccomend at least 1 year and 1 op deployment before you even think about talking to him

B

Beerofund

Sausage2 gone quiet!!!!! Naaarrrgh dont think so!

Sausage2 gone quiet!!!!! Naaarrrgh dont think so!

sausage2 said:

Am I living in the past, or is it the others that are wrong? :confused:

Sausage2

But how will you pass on the full wisdom you possess. You should at least tell him how by being an Appo you are superior and that he should hold you in awe for eternity!!!!!

LOL
:p

Stax

Flight Sergeant
A year! An OOA! You blokes are getting soft as you age. This chap should not even be acknowledged until he has a least drank a pint of someone elses bodily fluids! (oops off thread there, thats the Liney one innit!) I have seen some of our pondlife get ideas above their station recentley. Asking for leave and expecting to go to lunch! Cheeky young whippersnappers, when I was a lad, we took our daily beating with a stoic look and a stiff upper lip. We never spoke to the Flt or Warrant and if they spoke to us we tugged our forelocks and mumbled to the floor! Bah, it never did us any harm!

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Then yesterday, the cheeky cnut spoke to me. grrrr and even worse, he wanted time off over Christmas. It was all I could do to stop my self hitting him with a pool cue. Time off over Christmas indeed, It was a good job the boss was in the room, or I'd have floored the tw@t. the cheek of it. It's going to take me weeks to recover from this one. Fu*king Scottish new bloke :mad:

Last edited:
B

Bushy Mills

Why was he able to talk to you? Surely having a broom handle through the arms of his coveralls and being suspended by a winch from the ceiling in the biggest hangar available should make him unable to be heard for the first 4 weeks of his appearance on unit?

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Bushy Mills said:
Why was he able to talk to you? Surely having a broom handle through the arms of his coveralls and being suspended by a winch from the ceiling in the biggest hangar available should make him unable to be heard for the first 4 weeks of his appearance on unit?
You are correct, I've Fu*ked up bad this time. The only way to redeem myself is to make him work over christmas.

Last edited:
B

Bushy Mills

sausage2 said:
You are correct, I've Fu*ked up bad this time. The only way to redeem myself is to make him work over christmas.

Hurrah !! Bout fnucking time we put the Rough As Fcuk back in the RAF!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Sausage2 - what's going on! I thought I left you with all the nessesary skills to run the rigger desk!!! Too long in Control on GMS i fear!!!!!!!!! :D

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Bushy Mills said:

Pull up a sandbag and swing the tilly.

When I was smally at the V Bomber base on the A15 we had a thrombosis (slow moving clot) called Deke Mirrie (close enough). He was an annoying little git who would ponce about the crewroom, singing to TOTP, reading over your shoulder and telling people what hand you had at brag. One night he went too far so we shoved a broom handle down the back of his denims and bodged him at the ankles, knees, elbows, wrists and head (and gagged him for good measure). We left him standing in the middle of the room. He tried, by bunny hopping, to move across the floor, he did of course fall flat on his face onto the nylon carpet that covers a concrete floor. What did we do? In the finest tradition of the RAF we left him where he was! In walks the shift FS, looks at Deke and lifts him up with his foot. "Someone sort him out" he says, leaving the room. We roll Deke over to find his face covered in blood! One quick trip to the medics and he is on his way to Nocton to have his broken jaw wired! The funniest bit was him explaining to the SMO that he had walked into an engine door, whilst scraping bodge tape of his forehead and wrists. Try that now and you would all be up on assualt charges, but hey ho! such is life.

T

Twonston Pickle

The important thing is, Stax, did he learn from it? I'm sure we have all gone through something similar, rite of passage and all that!

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Twonston Pickle said:
The important thing is, Stax, did he learn from it? I'm sure we have all gone through something similar, rite of passage and all that!

Did he bu99ery! Same bloke was cokcing around on the way home, early hours on Echo dispersal, decided to rugby tackle a guy twice his size and weight. Said bloke collapses on Deke and breaks his arm! He was knocked down outside St Marks bus station and walked on to the bus, jumped over the fence on camp instead of going through the main gate, went to bed. Next morning couldn't get his boot on and went sick, yep you guessed it broken foot! He was peeing out of his window one night during a block party, someone shoved their finger up his hoop (not me!) he stepped forward (see where this is going?) and fell from the second storey onto the grass! Fortunately he was so mullered he bounced and was OK! He was the most unlucky man in the world! He was also a NAAFI cowboy and a committee member and a Buff I believe.

T

Trenchards Ghost

Transfer

Transfer

Sausage2 Quote "Scottish new bloke"

Since when have we let northern people into the Royal Air Force. Surely the recruiting Sgt who allowed this has had Field punishment No1 Administered. I must go and talk to Kitchener at once and have him transferred to one of those front line Northern infantry regiments. You know the ones... The ones we use when we don't want to waste the shiney regiments like the Blues and Royals (Bloody good chaps those boys all from Harrow).;)

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Trenchards Ghost said:
Sausage2 Quote "Scottish new bloke"

Since when have we let northern people into the Royal Air Force. Surely the recruiting Sgt who allowed this has had Field punishment No1 Administered. I must go and talk to Kitchener at once and have him transferred to one of those front line Northern infantry regiments. You know the ones... The ones we use when we don't want to waste the shiney regiments like the Blues and Royals (Bloody good chaps those boys all from Harrow).;)

As Billy Connoly once pointed out:

"It was hairy arsed scotsmen in skirts with strangled octupuses under their arms and ferkin big hats that gave Britian its empire, not a bunch of 'Nigels' saying "move over there, we're trying to make a little empire here". You bloody southern nancy boy!

Last edited:
S

shoutingwind

you are all horrible. be nice to the new guy- you'll scare him!

Stax

Flight Sergeant
shoutingwind said:
you are all horrible. be nice to the new guy- you'll scare him!

Do I frighten you Shoutingwind..........................Or would you like me to!

S

shoutingwind

Stax said:
Do I frighten you Shoutingwind..........................Or would you like me to!

Frighten me? nah, i'm a big hard ass liney chick mate! hehehe. its the pan monster thats scary......

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
shoutingwind said:
Frighten me? nah, i'm a big hard ass liney chick mate! hehehe. its the pan monster thats scary......

Just stay away from Bay 4 - he tends to hang around there! :D