• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Last Time I Worked In a PSF.....

• Thread starter shimmeringbottom
  • Start date
S

shimmeringbottom

Bit of fun....

Mine would have to start with the obvious......(well apart from the trips to Lady L's).......my Kardex was my best friend!

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

(and god help me if I went in one now.....) LOL

Triple SA

Thread Killer
... We had a Tory government & I used a kardex (though my posting before then we used SAMA). My next post is back in to a PSF - can't be that much different - can it?!?!!?!:raf:

M

MyShineyAr$e

JPA was implemented with promises of instant updates to pay records...

Chf Clk lived in a little glass room at the back of PSF Stafford, woken only by the smell of fresh coffee and burnt toast.

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Draw Down

Draw Down

Draw down 1996, very many discharges but nothing much else happening. One tour of PSF (and St Mawgan to boot) the rest out there with the great unwashed.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
.....Pay 2000 was going to benefit all concerned. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

.....PAYD was a pipe dream. :pDT_Xtremez_42::pDT_Xtremez_42:

.....JPA was just 3 random letters. :pDT_Xtremez_42::pDT_Xtremez_42::pDT_Xtremez_42:

fed_up_scribbly

Corporal
....Gate Counts, ESI Kardex, visible index strips that kept falling out of the Kardex, paying cash to the YTS youngsters, manual IRCs, PRCs and F280s....happy days.

Locking 1976 Im outtas here

Locking 1976 Im outtas here

Left Locking PSF 1976 to remuster to Gen Mech GSE.. couldnt stand office work anymore. Worked with mostly good people but couldnt wait to get my hands dirty..next stop Laarbruch.. then TCW and the SA in 82.
Best move I ever made to quit PSF ..just wasnt me.

JPABitch

LAC
1986 Gutersloh. We had enough clerks, could solve pay issues without havingto go through a third party and the social life was fantastic. A~ J?n?e taught me so much.:pDT_Xtremez_14:

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Allowances Clerks would be too scared to venture into PSF

Gatecounts were cack, but served a useful purpose

The ability to look after 300 odd personnel was fairly easy

TG17's at Halton were well attended and everyone got bladdered

Skinny WRAF's (I'll get me coat for that one :pDT_Xtremez_06:)

Boarderlyne

Sergeant
Allowances Clerks would be too scared to venture into PSF

Gatecounts were cack, but served a useful purpose

The ability to look after 300 odd personnel was fairly easy

TG17's at Halton were well attended and everyone got bladdered

Skinny WRAF's (I'll get me coat for that one :pDT_Xtremez_06:)
I'm glad you didn't say work as we never caught you doing any of it! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

KingGuin

Sergeant
...I was redressed for doing my job.......and won.

Off Topic One of my best PSF moments was telling an officer he had an overissue of pay of £56,000 becuase OC PSF was too scared to do it. Got me my very own mention on PPRUNE Off Topic

vinnyvx2

LAC
96 Goose Bay with TripleSA, PSF went on Det to Vegas on mass with the aircraft, I was PA to Unit Cdr, A/Chflck, A/NCO PSF and A/PD Clk in their absence, oh and I cleared the backlog of claims.... Brian C you slack bugger. Kardexs, with black spots on number 10 to highlight pains in the arse, those were the days

Oh how it's changed, thought I'd got away from JPA when I left the RAF to find I was responsble for its, err development in my latest job. Before I'm lynched I'll say its for another government department and not SPVA.

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
...I was redressed for doing my job.......and won.

Off Topic One of my best PSF moments was telling an officer he had an overissue of pay of £56,000 becuase OC PSF was too scared to do it. Got me my very own mention on PPRUNE Off Topic

Maybe you could advise a lady who's pongo husband has been overpaid £10k, a few have advised her that the max recoverable is 4 days pay pcm. Thread on arrse here.

KingGuin

Sergeant
Maybe you could advise a lady who's pongo husband has been overpaid £10k, a few have advised her that the max recoverable is 4 days pay pcm. Thread on arrse here.

I'll have a peek! The £56K one I managed to get down to £8K before I was posted. I do like a good old pay battle!