• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Independant - ATC Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seymour Tw@tt

So? They dish out medals to people for 'just doing their job' all the time.

As for individuals ready to believe the worst out of anyone, you are more guilty than most on this forum, in the same position, would you have been able to do the same?

Oh aye and whats your f*cking problem, like? If you're too gullible to not see when you're being fed a line thats your problem.

Thanks to a bit of PR and nice breeding (parents both professors, what what what), she'll be guaranteed a cushy little career for doing what the rest of us do every day.

She's a f*cking controller having completed training to do such things!!! ATC don't just check if you have 3 greens and 1 amber you know. What next? PSF clerk ensures old pen has new refill shocker! Rigger removes grease from spanner for crew chief exclusive.

Get a f*cking grip. She's landed very nicely on her feet despite her "protestations" of "I'm just an ordinary everyday gal". Complete and utter sh!te

:pDT_Xtremez_32:

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
Oh aye and whats your f*cking problem, like? If you're too gullible to not see when you're being fed a line thats your problem.

Thanks to a bit of PR and nice breeding (parents both professors, what what what), she'll be guaranteed a cushy little career for doing what the rest of us do every day.

She's a f*cking controller having completed training to do such things!!! ATC don't just check if you have 3 greens and 1 amber you know. What next? PSF clerk ensures old pen has new refill shocker! Rigger removes grease from spanner for crew chief exclusive.

Get a f*cking grip. She's landed very nicely on her feet despite her "protestations" of "I'm just an ordinary everyday gal". Complete and utter sh!te

I must have missed that bit in the article I read.

Chaka

Sergeant
An old photo I know......

But wouldn't you like to throw a few white blips across this face?

Thanks for that Yossa, you have just made one of her old friends fall off his chair with laughter and deviant thoughts!!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_16:

This will keep me amused right through the Christmas Grant bahhumbug season and my family will think I am enjoying Christmas for a change!:pDT_Xtremez_27:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Succinctly, if aggressively put ST. I remember my Grandma telling me how she helped talk down a lost American fighter aircraft when she was based at RAF Horsham St Faith in the 50s - she didn't get anything, let alone some poncy award from some bigwigs.

She did her job, that really is how simple it is.

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant

Did someone p1ss on your chips ST?

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
I say this again having started a thread on it months ago. why should the Runway Caravan Controller get a " Good Show " or a " Well Done" for doing his job?

He is there to spot guys with no gear and when he does it he gets an award! Barking. She was doing her job for gods sake.

R0jaws you have just completed JATCC; How about telling us a few of the things you learn on day 1. How about I start with the one about an ordely flow of Air Traffic, you fill in the rest!

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I say this again having started a thread on it months ago. why should the Runway Caravan Controller get a " Good Show " or a " Well Done" for doing his job?

He is there to spot guys with no gear and when he does it he gets an award! Barking. She was doing her job for gods sake.

R0jaws you have just completed JATCC; How about telling us a few of the things you learn on day 1. How about I start with the one about an ordely flow of Air Traffic, you fill in the rest!

Exactly, well said SSH - just like the AMM who gets an award for spotting a fuel leak on a T/R servicing - it's their fcuking job!

We could go round in circles about this fact of the matter is this bird got an award for doing her job - end of. Whatever politics are/were at play do not detract from this fact.

Hmmmm

SAC
Gawd, you lot can be such a bunch of Grumpy Old Men. Lighten up - it is the season to be merry.

I'm with Chakka. Old Shazza there could talk me down anytime. Rumour has it (and as one who was there I can confirm) she showed her puppies to a select few in the CATCS Instructors' Crewroom one evening - marvellous for morale. Pity she is now shacked up with an Army type.

I'm just going for a cold shower.............

S

Seymour Tw@tt

Gawd, you lot can be such a bunch of Grumpy Old Men. Lighten up - it is the season to be merry.

I'm with Chakka. Old Shazza there could talk me down anytime. Rumour has it (and as one who was there I can confirm) she showed her puppies to a select few in the CATCS Instructors' Crewroom one evening - marvellous for morale. Pity she is now shacked up with an Army type.

I'm just going for a cold shower.............

Nice girl. I'm sure her colleagues who don't go in for getting her t!ts out for the lads will be impressed to see her meteoric rise through the ranks. What next? Chomping the SATCO for a giggle? Stupid tart

:pDT_Xtremez_06:

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
You know,

perhaps she should not be hammered for getting this award after all, she did do her job to the letter as per her TORs...

Unlike the knobber assistant at LATCC today who decided to try to bollock me for passing TADs in the incorrect order several times throughout today. Couple of things wrong with that:

1. It was the CRCs first and only sortie of the day.
2. He was in the middle of handing a/c over in the upper air with factor traffic.
3. He is clearly a f**king chimp of an assistant with a chip on his shoulder. Shame really, most of the people we liaise with at LATCC are tip top.

On topic as usual?????? WTF?

S

Seymour Tw@tt

Neither am I.
I can be pleased for someone, however, without feeling all twisted up about the circumstances.

I'm certainly not twisted about anything. What I think though is that the hierarchy have chosen a media-friendly story with a media-friendly-but-"radical" girl of our times (why the interest in her tat? Sounds a bit chav to me) to do a PR job. Let's put it this way - as indicated, I bet her compatriots are over the f*cking moon about it. How are they gonna compete with such material? Scraper on before she breaks wind. The next couple of promo boards will be interesting reading.

I'm not knocking her per se, but it was an out of the ordinary scenario at worst, not something radically potentially devastating with blazing engines and plummeting airframes - hence the dramatic licence in the write-up. Let's face it, any aircraft has the potential to become the next cat 5 anywhere (god forbid) once it leaves the ground, but aircrew training, ATC training and, prior to take-off, techie training to reduce that potential. It's what we're all trained to do.

People do that every day of their lives y'know. I think she had every right to be embarrassed in the company of the blues and twos and SAR personnel... her false modesty was just cringing.

:pDT_Xtremez_21:

N

Never Alert

Fair enough, perhaps I should have started another thread. Original post deleted.

D

Douglas Bader's Right Leg

The article is awful and suggests someone joining up for all the wrong reasons, unfortunately we have a habit of releasing poor articles to the media or allowing the media to write sh1t like this. Anyone remember that femal herc pilot and her comments about blunties dropping pencils?

We shouldn't take anything away from the young lady, however: she did a good job in difficult circumstances. Other ATC types (I am not one so don't understand) may suggest that she was just doing her job so "why all the fuss?", but ultimately her chain of command saw it as sufficiently remarkable to write her up for it. The issue here is not that Fg Off Geisow has been rewarded for "just doing her job", but that the wider Air Force is not prepared to highlight the excellent work done by it's personnel on a day to day basis.

Y

You Can Call Me Al

Couple of points spring to mind over the various posts on this thread:

• This young lady was most definitely NOT just 'doing her job'. She faced a situation for which she had no training or guidance, and had to control by the seat of her pants. The point about 'your life or my jail sentence' is no exaggeration!
  • She has no control over the style of writing that the journo employs
  • She is a very genuine lass and has been known to utter some home truths when discretion etc...
  • Those posters on this thread who take the contrary stance are generally a pretty miserable bunch, and some of them would probably rather stick cocktail sticks into their eyes than just acknowledge a job well done!
  • I'm curious to know how many of the 'only doing her job brigade' are controllers?

Well done Annie - just don't expect many pats on the back from this jaundiced lot!

PVRisthefuture

Sergeant
  • This young lady was most definitely NOT just 'doing her job'. She faced a situation for which she had no training or guidance, and had to control by the seat of her pants.
A fellow air tragic person then?

No training? What the hell are you doing up there? Looking at the nice shiney planes? You have primaries, secondaries, NDB's, DRDF, HRDF, ILS, PAR, G/A comms up the ying yang, if you can't use that to do your job... you are right, you aren't trained. Life is full of uncertainties, if you can't do it right first time, in that job, then you are in the wrong job chap. As for wanting a pat on the back, well, meanwhile back in reality, 99% of people out there working there nuts off get no credit, and she gets an award and media coverage.

Feck me, call BBC, a bin man just emptied my rubbish. Get him on the Queens honours list!! It was no ordinary bin, icy grounds, and a heavy bin challenged him to the very core, thinking back to binman training school, he was able to push on and get the job done!

As for no guidance... she is THE controller, the SAC/Cpl assistant can't help, unless you need another coffee. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the tower (ahem).

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
Even if he is fellow 'Air Tragic', which I am, does that mean he is not entitled to comment on the situation?
I feel maybe it is the reverse, as a fellow 'Air Tragicer' he is in an excellent position to judge whether or not she deserved an award or not.
Just because you 'feel' that she was just doing her job may not in fact be the case.
The write up was excessive, and obviously put the backs up of the members on here who feel aggrieved that they don't get a similar pat on the back.

Tough sh1t, life sucks, get a helmet.::p:

Status
Not open for further replies.