• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Independant - ATC Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
SHE WAS DOING HER F*CKING JOB. End of.

So? They dish out medals to people for 'just doing their job' all the time.

As for individuals ready to believe the worst out of anyone, you are more guilty than most on this forum, in the same position, would you have been able to do the same?

An award for doing her job eh? Well done. Incidentally, Lossie can't switch on ILS, it's always on, and, it's at another station.... I say give the boys at Kinloss Ground Radio some glory for having a serviceable ILS!! Bloody controllers! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Couldn't keep the primary up though could they? Bl@ody Ground Radio:pDT_Xtremez_31:

N

Never Alert

Can I have a medal please?

I controlled a handful of jets the other day, I know I know, bloody impressive. Counted them all out & then counted them all back in again.

In fairness, they were F3s after all & could have fallen out of the sky at any moment had it not been for the techies er, doing their jobs (best give them some medals too). Perhaps the pilots should be awarded for flying on a cloudy day & what about the Navs? They had to use maps and everything, all at 8 miles per min.

She did her job...

whoopee sh*t.

Last edited:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Quote:

"However, this story shone out as a particularly inspiring example of the brave actions carried out by so many men and women in our emergency services, whose everyday work and dedication we all too often take for granted."

Unquote

WTF? We are the emergency services now? Ooh, just behind the AA (we are the fifth emergency service??!!??:pDT_Xtremez_14: )

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
Quote:

"However, this story shone out as a particularly inspiring example of the brave actions carried out by so many men and women in our emergency services, whose everyday work and dedication we all too often take for granted."

Unquote

WTF? We are the emergency services now? Ooh, just behind the AA (we are the fifth emergency service??!!??:pDT_Xtremez_14: )

Well, we stand in for one or two of them anyway, might as well stick us down too!
So not quite the 5th emergency service, more like the Back Up Emergency Service/ Bin Men.
I'm Looking forward too the bobby's going on strike and we get to dish out a bit of Martial Law, Pick Axe Handles and everything!
I'm sure I can remember the rule of minimum force(ish).
My arrest procedures might be a bit rusty though.
:pDT_Xtremez_35:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I've just listened to the tape....

Not what I was expecting one bit. I was expecting high drama and danger, the sounds of a winter atlantic storm battering the tower - how wrong I was.

Sounded like normal day in D&D to me. Fair play for the recognition of a job well done an all that.........but............

Tosser Crophy anyone? :pDT_Xtremez_14:

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
I've just listened to the tape....

Not what I was expecting one bit. I was expecting high drama and danger, the sounds of a winter atlantic storm battering the tower - how wrong I was.

Sounded like normal day in D&D to me. Fair play for the recognition of a job well done an all that.........but............

Tosser Crophy anyone? :pDT_Xtremez_14:

After that High adventure I wouldn't be surprised if Lossie scooped the coveted Raytheon.
You get a mug you know.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Oooops excuse me, its not the Tosser Crophy any more is it. They used to pay for a slap up meal... raython give you a mug do they - cheapskate b@stards

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
To be fair, you do get the Meal too, and a mug.

I don't remember a great deal about the meal, it's safe to say that Lyneham tower disgraced, sorry I mean distinguished itself in front of our guests.

Something about Korean rules?

chumpzilla

Sergeant
I'm just so proud.................... of the Ground Radio Boys having the ILS and Tx' er and Rx'ers serviceable. I'm going to send them a chocolate medal each for all on shift. Can't wait til I go to the desert to earn a real medal!

P.s She's just another jumpsuit jockey that get fudged senseless by the ego maniac pilots.

P.p.s Would it be wrong if I said I wish she fudged up big style and our Rusky friend bought it? Answers on a post card to Well done for doing your job you mallignant (apologise for spelling) tart@upyourownslagass.com

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Sorry dad - in fact get us one of those wii things for the t-bar if you can! That would be so cool, and people would actually want to go to work!!

Off Topic Just bought one from game, just taught the wife how to box, now i can't get her off it! Great for morale, **** for working with!

N

Never Alert

Question: How does anybody get a green glow on their face from orange and grey blips? Is that a valid spectrum mix? :pDT_Xtremez_34:

They can massage the ambience of the ops room however, they will have a job on their hands making the lady in question look half decent. The photo is not good!

Y

Yossarian

An old photo I know......

But wouldn't you like to throw a few white blips across this face?

Status
Not open for further replies.