• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'Goat Gazette'

J

journo_scum

Right,

I have been approached by the MODs after a recent thread here on E-Goat slagging off the RAF News.

Everybody thinks they are a journo, so put your money where your mouth is and get the scoop.

Write an article, submit some photos, in fact anything that you think others would appreciate I will put them together and then you will hopefully be able do download it/print it off and spread the word to those around you.

Remember try and be original (no cut and paste warriors) and if you do use someone elses work then a reference or acknowledgement will be required.

This has been ok'd by the E-Goat MODs so feel free to PM me and I will send you an email address to where you can send your work.

Plus any thoughts on a good name for the rag would be appreciated as this was the best they could come up with....losers

Oh did I tell you about the time I was in a tunnel in Paris trying to get a photo of Di...........

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
If we quote 'other sources' (sites, journals, etc.), do we need permission to quote from them, or do we just acknowledge the source?

J

journo_scum

Could do. The thing is, that anything is possible. I would love to have the user Penguin Sucks write an article or two for us, but I feel it may need some heavy editing before publishing.

With regards to quoting sources, just make sure you include it when you send it to me.

G

grumpyoldb

How about an article about sensible drinking...........................by P.S?

T

Trip Hazzard

'The Sick Bag' because everyone has a little look in it.

And a sub-heading, 'It's not Uckers'

Regards,

S

Sausage2andabit

I could give sage like advice if you want.............

K

k9138

I think Gem should write an article on tact and diplomacy :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Maybe I should do a page 3 spread:pDT_Xtremez_42:

The lady goaters may get a bit bored if all they have to look forward to everyday is yet another picture of penfold minus his shirt.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Maybe I should do a page 3 spread:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Off Topic
It would be a 3-page spread :pDT_Xtremez_42:
Off Topic

Thought this might have been a fishing trip when i first saw this morning but assuming he has run it past the mods then it's really a put up or shut up thread.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
It strikes me that the bit about the F35 might have been a suitable item for the Gazette; and maybe those reports about the Tankers.

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

M

Moz_Magister

I'd like to send some stuff but I've been out of the mob for a long time (I was working on Avro 504's and we were still called the RFC :pDT_Xtremez_15:) so I was wondering how wide a remit you think this thing will have, will there be any room for people on civvy street to contribute?

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Cant see why not I was under the impression that it was for all the goat not just serving, so crack on.

From the discussion JS has been asked to edit it but we wont know whats in it until he's finished plus if no one contributes then there wont be a mag at all

J

journo_scum

Come on then, lots of brave talk but still no takers!!!! This is open to all goat members, young or old, male or female, service or civvie.

It doesnt have to be a pulitzer prize winner.

So come on keyboard warriors

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Come on then, lots of brave talk but still no takers!!!! This is open to all goat members, young or old, male or female, service or civvie.

It doesnt have to be a pulitzer prize winner.

So come on keyboard warriors

Can some of it be humerous or even non-service related?