• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The full paper

P

POW

If you want to read the whole document you can go onto Sky News internet site. I have just read the whole thing and found hiden in the middle that they are cutting the life of the C170J by 10 years to go out of service by 2022.

Link below:

http://www1.sky.com/news/DefenceReview.pdf

RAF bit on page 25 onwards

C

CANTLOGIN1

The fact sheet also states that the Sentinel will be 'withdrawn once it is no longer required in Afghanistan'

justme

LAC
It also mentions that it'll be a 'reduced' Tornado fleet they're keeping. How reduced isn't mentioned...

Me.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
It also mentions that it'll be a 'reduced' Tornado fleet they're keeping. How reduced isn't mentioned...

Me.

A punt...2 Sqns to go sharpish, more as Typhoon develops Ground attack capability, last few at Marham. Lossie's fate as well as Wittering and Leeming dependant on JSF basing. Bit in bold as factual as it can be at this stage.

K

killkid

some interesting points here, cheers for this will bring up alot to talk about in my UAS interview tomorrow :pDT_Xtremez_30:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer

raflad67

Corporal
It is to be constrained, but not completely cut. No details yet but we'll probably see a tightening of the regulations as discussed on the goat in recent months.

There are also big question marks hanging over LSAP and Disturbance Allowance. They will probably be stopped but again, this is to be confirmed.

Where is this 'probably be cut' info from?

Sammy

SAC
Which Sqn badges will go?

Which Sqn badges will go?

Anyone care to guess which Tornado Sqn numbers will go? I think II(AC) and 31(B) Sqns, they seem to be the most popular candidates round my way...

sumps

Sergeant
extend the life of the Puma helicopter to continue its operational contribution

Does this mean the upgrade of the Puma is going ahead - I thought it was going to the scrap heap

sammy...Anyone care to guess which Tornado Sqn numbers will go? I think II(AC) and 31(B) Sqns, they seem to be the most popular candidates round my way...
The mighty II(AC)...wash yer mouth out!:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Last edited:
Cant see disturbance being stopped altpgether but i recon you will have it recipt based instead

also noticed JSF to be brought in reduced numbers and we will buy the conventional version insted of the STOVL type and the carriers will have a catupult fitted ( that does actually make sence )

Also Chinook order cut by half and RAF keeping the Merlin wonder what the fish heads will use to replace Sea king

Dont belivie Sentinal will go when its not fully in service yet but i can see why Shadow will go

and yes Puma upgrade still going ahead ( why ) and Lynx Wildcat still goin ahead ( again why )

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anyone see anything about our ageing fleet of Dominies? I'd be surprised if they made it through...

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Where is this 'probably be cut' info from?

It came from the brief I received in the afternoon from my Stn Cdr. He got the info directly from CAS on Monday.

Cant see disturbance being stopped altpgether but i recon you will have it recipt based instead

There is a big question mark over disturbance at the moment but the implication was that it will be stopped.

Dont belivie Sentinal will go when its not fully in service yet but i can see why Shadow will go

It came as a bit of a shock but there is no doubt. Sentinel WILL go post-HERRICK, which means 2015.