• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The E-Goat Defence Review '21.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I reckon we could design a Royal Air Force fit for the future.

I'm starting with getting rid of Typhoon and buying 150 off the shelf F-16 multi role aircraft.

Loads of spares available and loads of fun with monofuel starters for the mechanics to deal with.

To plug the gap left by the Hercs, I'm suggesting we buy a fleet of 295's

Oh, and amalgamate the Royal Marines and Paras into the RAF Regiment 😆

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
A sizeable saving is available by ditching the new Wedgetails and simply asking a number of people to keep an eye on Flightradar24 instead. If they see anything they can call it into a central number manned by Serco.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I reckon we could design a Royal Air Force fit for the future.

I'm starting with getting rid of Typhoon and buying 150 off the shelf F-16 multi role aircraft.

Loads of spares available and loads of fun with monofuel starters for the mechanics to deal with.

To plug the gap left by the Hercs, I'm suggesting we buy a fleet of 295's

Oh, and amalgamate the Royal Marines and Paras into the RAF Regiment 😆
I'm not sure if the arseholes of the Royal Marine's and Para's are elastic enough to accept an 84mm Mortar Baseplate mounting point?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There's scope in a restructured RAF for long closed camps to reopen and established members of the goat to take senior posts.

RAF Jurby Head on the Isle of Man, tax haven, TT races, decent beer, holidaying ladies (Covid permitting)

PS for CASWO,

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There's scope in a restructured RAF for long closed camps to reopen and established members of the goat to take senior posts.

RAF Jurby Head on the Isle of Man, tax haven, TT races, decent beer, holidaying ladies (Covid permitting)

PS for CASWO,
I'd like to propose that St Mawgan be re-purposed into something actually useful, using its 9034' runway as well as the climate...something along the lines of 'land here to practice deployment' and really hone your section BBQ skills and opening bottles of beer without a bottle opener (a skill long forgotten). I could be in charge of the overall operation as a further saving could be made from me not needing military accommodation.