• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Angel - Catterick

Red-Rock

Sergeant
I went up to visit my best mate at the weekend. He is an ex Rock like myself and lives in Ferrybridge near Pontefract. We were chatting on saturday and decided to go and visit another ex Rock who now lives in Catterick Village. So off we pop up the A1 and pull in at his gaff. We then take a trip down memory lane and pop down to the Angel for a few swift ones. We rock up to the bar to see that all the old 58 Sqn photos have been taken down from above the bar:0. A quick look behind the bar cheered us up cos the board with all the sqn zaps is still there. Now I know that the Regiment hasn't been resident there for a few years now but we spent enough time and money in that bar to consider ourselves part of the permanent fixtures and to take down all that history is tantamount to heresy in my book.

Just thought I would have a bit of a rant about it. All done now.

Nice to see the old place again though. Will look forward to the Reunion there on Feb 14th next year.

GunnerP

SAC
Only ever went in twice, once for my 'End of basics' **** up. And once on my sigs course. Prefered the Twig myself.

P_

TONY09

LAC
Hi fellow Rock`s nice to read that the Angel Hotel is still there, was there in the mid 60s. At that time there was
two other Pubs in the Village cant remember the names. I do hope to visit the place some time .

dkh51250

Sergeant
Hi fellow Rock`s nice to read that the Angel Hotel is still there, was there in the mid 60s. At that time there was
two other Pubs in the Village cant remember the names. I do hope to visit the place some time .

The Bay Horse, The Angel, The Oak Tree, (Twig), and The Social Club. Not bad for a place with only 1200 dwellings.

dkh51250

Sergeant
Red Rock.

That is the price you pay when a camp is "squaddified". In the club there is still an element of RAF memorabilia, you should have called in.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Red Rock.

That is the price you pay when a camp is "squaddified". In the club there is still an element of RAF memorabilia, you should have called in.

6 1/2 year old thread necropost... Got to be some of record.......... For a tard.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Now, now Fomz; play nice. Remember there's always a certain amount of 'lag' between our Regiment brethren reading something and then being able to actually write about it - 6 to 7 years sounds about right!.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Nice to see the old place again though. Will look forward to the Reunion there on Feb 14th next year.

Proves you Rocks are double-hard bas***d's. I would never get away with attending a reunion on that date!

#scaredofthemissus