• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thank you for Your Support xx

• Thread starter DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diminished Responsibility

hope

hope

I hope all has gone well. Be strong. Just being there will help.

M

Mrs_Monobrow

How is your sister doing today??

I hope all went to plan and everyone is coping ok. Still thinking of you.

Mrs M xxx

B

Biggles.

Missed this when it was first posted and see that now the operation is over. Can i offer my hopes and prayers for you, your sister and other family members. I hope that all went well and that you can bring us all some good news soon.

S

Spandex Pants Man

Be Strong!

Be Strong!

SPM wishes your sister a full and speedy recovery - my thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. Take care and be strong.

B

Buphoonery

Missed it too when it was first posted. I hope all went well and that your sister is making a speedy recovery. Best wishes.

Buph

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
I Hope the operation went well. Best wishes & fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

She is doing really well!

She is doing really well!

Excellent news! She is recoverying really really well - better than the docs expected. She came out of surgery at 1500 yesterday and at 1600 I was sitting next to her chatting about the snow and what she wanted to eat and what shops were near the hospital so I can go out and get her new boots to wear on the way home when she gets discharged! Despite all the morphine she was completely lucid and completely sharp....during her Obs we skipped the easy 'what date is it/do you know where you are' questions and moved straight onto 'who won CBB/what is no 1 in the charts' (well she is a teenager...it was suitable!)

The operation was a success and her recovery described by the medics as 'bizarre'! We will take each success as it comes - there are many more steps to take - but this was certainly one of the biggest hurdles.

If anyone out there knows any staff at Hope Hospital - they are the most wonderful friendly caring hospital staff I have ever met - and as for the hard, demanding and amazing work the Doctors and Nurses do is certainly humbling.

The relief of seeing her so well is overwhelming and the support from the goaters has certainly lifted my spirits! Being here with just my family is one thing but being able to chat in this forum and read the replies has really been a help -maybe a bit of an escape - Im not sure. But it has brought me comfort in what has certainly been my hour of need.
So yet again thank you very much and it is good to see that the old RAF Community/Famiy spirit is still alive and well and promulgated through the Goat!

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Wonderful ! - here's to a speedy and full recovery

(And well done to you - you must be very special!)

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The very best news...Now if your sister will let you I suggest you get out and have a few...you proably need it!

G

gemarriott

Yippee, now go and have a couple of beers, a kebab and a good night's kip !

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Excellent!

Im glad she is doing so well and to echo everyone else........go have a few and relax! As you said the biggest hurdle has passed!

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

AllWoman

Flight Sergeant
Fantastic news!! So pleased to hear she is recovering so well, sounds like your little sister is a fighter!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
Great news babe, huge hugs, and as the rest have said have a few and rest, keep us updated

Gentle hugs to your little sis

I

Inch High PI

Good news Divvy, I can't believe the first thing you spoke to her about was shopping.....crazy women! So happy that all is well!!xx

P

puter killer

good news

good news

Just read the thread all my wishes go to your sis for a speedy recovery

I hear wellies are in this year, pink ones.

Best of luck.

N

Nutty Bird

Just read this for the first time and I'm so glad all went well with your kid sister. Good luck for each day. Mr Nutty and i are thinking of you and your family. Keep us updated and pink wellies sound great and like a definate plan!xxxxxxxxxxxx

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Great news DMBLBIT, Hats off to the staff at the hospital. I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery

SB

Great news Dee Dee

Wishing your sister the speediest recovery (she seems to be doing that all right on her own - she's obviously as stubborn as her big sis! :pDT_Xtremez_15: )

Now she’s on the mend, its time to look after yourself as well! Bottle of red and pair of new shoes … or whatever you girly types like!

All the very best from MRAF n’ the Tish
xxx

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

Thanks!

Thanks!

A celebration of sorts was had! Mr DMBLBIT flew back in from Afghanistan on sat morning...drove straight up to manchester...booked me into the Hilton Hotel, had a decent bath, brought me up to the cocktail bar on the 23rd floor and plied me with champagne all night (until I got a bit squiffy and passed out!) He is a Star!!
Obviously I nabbed all the hotel goodies for my sister - A Crabtree and Evelyn shower cap is all the rage in hospitals these days! and my self inlicted hangover on sunday morning when I saw her brought her much amusement! :pDT_Xtremez_15:

The full recovery time is slow but promising...while we all understand why it is necessary, as she is a teenager who has had her social life put on hold for 2-6months and at her age no drinking/partying/gym/getting back to uni life/driving is devastaing news!(whereas a few months at home relaxing without any work/study etc would be great for me!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.