• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Terry (Budgie) Burgess, Armourer.

Obi Wan

Sergeant
It is with deep regret, that I write to inform you that Terry (Budgie) Burgess (Armourer) passed away on the 5th Nov. after a very brave fight against cancer. our thoughts are with Julie and his family. Rest in Peace Budgie.

The Funeral will take place at Horsham Saint Faiths Crematorium (Norwich Norfolk) on the 17th November 09 at 15:30. "Family Flowers Only"

Last edited:
G

gemarriott

I really hope that isn't the Budgie I knew from the Phantom days but I suspect it probably is.

RIP Budgie I've added you to the plumber's roll of honour.

Shugster

Warrant Officer
I worked with budgie on 3(F) sqn Harriers in 89.

RIP chap. And condolences to family and friends.

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Sad news indeed. RIP Budgie. Thoughts with the family.
I too worked with Budgie, 3(F) Sqn, Gutersloh.

J

JoeBolt

I too remember Budgie from 3(F) Sqn. Gutersloh, 89/90 ish. Top man, always busy and jovial and well liked by everybody.

I remember him doing a fine job of building a partition wall in the crewroom (to make a seperate AP library) in what seemed like 10 minutes!

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Sorry to say I've only just noticed this.
I knew Budgie as a civvy at KLM UK where he was well liked and respected for everything he did.

RIP mate.