• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Teething problems

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
HMS White Elephant has a got a leak? More like it's been haemorrhaging cash since the outset....

200 of litres an hour is more like it's slowly sinking.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-britains-new-31bn-aircraft-carrier-has-leak/

1. An actual Goldfish Tank Pump would almost see off that amount of leakage.

2. The average car has a fifty litre tank. How many tanks would fill the thing up?

3. Name any new military machine that doesn't have some early issues.

4. It's only a seal, or a set of seals, and it still on proving trips

5. grow up.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It’s a complex beast! At least the power plants are hacking it so far!

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
My CPO chef friend will tell you a tale of the inadequate number of dishwashers..... (PWLS will have 3 times as many.....:pDT_Xtremez_17:)

FOMz

Warrant Officer
1. An actual Goldfish Tank Pump would almost see off that amount of leakage.

2. The average car has a fifty litre tank. How many tanks would fill the thing up?

3. Name any new military machine that doesn't have some early issues.

4. It's only a seal, or a set of seals, and it still on proving trips

5. grow up.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Rubbish. 200 Litres a hour on a ship is a dribble, they have bilge pumps to remove water from occurrences just like this.

If you don't have a clue about engineering, being a drama queen only highlights it.

Best point out where I was being a drama queen there CP, seems you've lost your sense of humour... why not pop down to Lidl and buy a replacement one, they are on sale at the moment ;)

handbaghandbaghandbag

Last edited:
Best point out where I was being a drama queen there CP, seems you've lost your sense of humour... why not pop down to Lidl and buy a replacement one, they are on sale at the moment ;)

handbaghandbaghandbag

Because I wouldn't lower myself to shop at Lidl.

Your comment about slowly sinking was worthy of a Daily Mail reporter, I think you're a little sensitive after being called out on it by people who know more about this type of thing than you do; grow up, you are not the font of all knowledge, sonny.

Last edited:

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Because I wouldn't lower myself to shop at Lidl, you pleb. Your comment about slowly sinking was worthy of a Daily Mail reporter, drama queen.

What’s wrong with Lidl? Ido most of my food shopping at Lidl or Aldi. All the same as brand names just cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with Aldi or Lidl items, I just prefer not to mix with their clientele, yes I am a snob about such things; if you can bear the horror, I take my hat off to you, you are a better man than I.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Good grief, all this talk of snobs and Lidl or Aldi. Very distressing. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to contact Fortnum and Mason to find out why my Xmas hamper hasn’t arrived yet :pDT_Xtremez_15:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
What’s wrong with Lidl? Ido most of my food shopping at Lidl or Aldi. All the same as brand names just cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shop at lidl, aldi no issues for me, I also shop at M&S and waitrose, however, don’t ever think you’re getting the same.

Would never shop at Iceland though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Off Topic

Because I wouldn't lower myself to shop at Lidl.

Your comment about slowly sinking was worthy of a Daily Mail reporter, I think you're a little sensitive after being called out on it by people who know more about this type of thing than you do; grow up, you are not the font of all knowledge, sonny.

I think your over reacting to a pretty minor comment, why not sit down and give your pacemaker a rest old man before you burst a blood vessel . :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Off Topic

Last edited:

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Fomzy,
I do believe your snide attacks are showing your ample weaknesses!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Nothing wrong with Aldi or Lidl items, I just prefer not to mix with their clientele, yes I am a snob about such things; if you can bear the horror, I take my hat off to you, you are a better man than I.

Nothing wrong with the people in Aldi

Aldi supermarket stabbing: Woman dies in Skipton store attackhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42449924

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk