• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tax free earnings & pensions

M

Mickwreay

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on how working in Saudi tax free, affects your pension tax?

I’m looking at working in Saudi & am wondering how this affects my pension.

My pension after commuting is around 10.5K, as the Saudi salary will be tax free does this mean I will pay only the basic rate on my pension minus my personal allowance?

Mick

ForgottenName

Trekkie Nerd
Am not a tax expert but I would suggest that you will get taxed and allowances on your occupational pension (income) by SPVA as normal, especially if you get it paid into a UK bank account. Your earnings in Saudi will be tax free.

Not sure what the score is if you permanently emigrate though.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I'm guessing it will be similar to my position although I do work off-shore. I pay the basic tax on my pension but all my earnings are tax free (as long as I do 182.5 days away from UK). At the end of the year when my accountant puts in my tax return I get all the tax paid on my pension back......just think of it as a nice little savings account ;-)

Crack on.................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

M

Mickwreay

I'm guessing it will be similar to my position although I do work off-shore. I pay the basic tax on my pension but all my earnings are tax free (as long as I do 182.5 days away from UK). At the end of the year when my accountant puts in my tax return I get all the tax paid on my pension back......just think of it as a nice little savings account ;-)

Crack on.................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Cheers lads, hopefully I'll become one the great tax-dodging masses :)

Mick

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mick, why are you looking to work in Saudi when there are many opportunities in the UK and the continent to earn better money?

TW