• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tank Protectors

Kryten

Warrant Officer
So, I bought a Honda tan protector for my bike just after I bought it, but now I am noticing that where my leathers rub against the sides of the tank the paint is starting to scuff.

According to the dealer you can buy similar tank pads to go on the sides of your tank, but I have had a look online and I cant find any of the blessed things.......and the dealer has stopped stocking them.

Any tips from fellow Goatbikers out there?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
If it's your thing you can buy a whole tank cover thing:

Link Here

Not my thing so cannot comment on how good they are but they look well built and would suit your purpose.

Odie

Sergeant
Go for a Baglux, as in the link by Busby1971. I've had one for years and it does the business, the quality is pretty darned good too. Useful for clipping their tank bags and map holders to as well. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

flintwich

Corporal
Just use the shopping basket on the front of your Honda 90.
That will save any more scratches.
Pmsl

Hope you get it sorted
Happy Biking, mate.

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
Look/google Stomp Grip. Goes on the side of you tank where knees and thighs go. It covers your tank as the bonus to providing something for your legs to grip on too. Used by most racers. Really useful on the road. Cost me £35 quid wouldn't be without it now.