• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Swap Pension Payment Date

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I imagine the answer is no, but has anyone ever managed to change the payment date of their pension? I'd like to move mine from mid month to the end of the month....

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
I'm sure i read that once it's in payment you can't change the date.

I'll see if i can find something................

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I'm interested to see if our military pension will be classed as a pension and increased in April by September's 6.7% CPI or a Benefit and increased by Octobers 4.6% CPI, as reported by several media sites. I cannot imagine Johnny Mercer taking the lower figure lying down.

Donkey871

LAC
I'm interested to see if our military pension will be classed as a pension and increased in April by September's 6.7% CPI or a Benefit and increased by Octobers 4.6% CPI, as reported by several media sites. I cannot imagine Johnny Mercer taking the lower figure lying down.
I can't state it for a fact about AFPS75 but AFPS05 is definitely linked to September CPI so no question - it is 6.7%

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
I can't state it for a fact about AFPS75 but AFPS05 is definitely linked to September CPI so no question - it is 6.7%
Public Sector Pension increases are normally linked to the rise announced for benefits. That is why, when a Budget in the early 2010s said that benefits would rise by CPI rather than RPI, service pension increases were linked to CPI. We are waiting to see what the Autumn Statement (22 Nov) says about benefit increases .

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Public Sector Pension increases are normally linked to the rise announced for benefits. That is why, when a Budget in the early 2010s said that benefits would rise by CPI rather than RPI, service pension increases were linked to CPI. We are waiting to see what the Autumn Statement (22 Nov) says about benefit increases .
Interesting if they change it, Monthly inflation rates are year on year, if it moves to October, then it would an annual rate for a period of time that’s longer than a year.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
I am not sugggesting that the increase moves only the announcement of what the increase measure will be. The CPI rate for each year is always based on the headline rate for September of the previous year. We know that was 6.7% but what we do not know is whether the government will raise benefits (and by implication public sector pensions) by the same amount - that we should learn on 22nd.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Using October's CPI instead of September's would be a £400 a year difference for me. That's £400 every year for the rest of my life.

Meanwhile, changes to inheritance tax will do nothing for anyone inheriting under £500,000 from their parent.

I bet the slimy feckers dont backdate rises to Oct 2021 or Oct 2022, both of which were higher than the month before.

Last edited: