• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Summer Leave

84scouse

SAC
Hi just a curious question rather than a pivotal one... I'm off to Halton on Tuesday.

Do summer leave dates apply to recruits at RTS? Just that, as it stands, my graduation day will fall in the middle of the summer holidays, so my (rather keen) little brother would be able to come. If leave dates got slapped in the middle it would push graduation day into September so he'd be disappointed.

I'm hoping we don't get leave in the middle of the course, but as I said, I'm just curious.

Thanks folks! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
If it does, meaning your brother should be at school on your 'potential' Grad Day, surely the school can be convinced to let him have one day, providing he catches up on any missed work? Afterall, you only Grad from RTS once.

84scouse

SAC
I wouldn't count on it. He's not a comp school kid like I was, he goes to a private school (on rugby scholarship) and they're pretty strict... He could ask I suppose.

G

gemarriott

I wouldn't count on it. He's not a comp school kid like I was, he goes to a private school (on rugby scholarship) and they're pretty strict... He could ask I suppose.

In that case I would think they'd be even more keen to let him go provided he wore his school uniform and flashed the badge about a bit!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Of course he could...take the highlighted words and remember them for your entire time in the RAF...If you don't ask you'll never get and the worst that will happen is someone will say 'no' but they may think more highly of you for having the gumption to try.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
I had two weeks leave in the middle of RTS in the summer of 2000. Station stand down applied to everyone and the same is happening in the middle of term 1 when I attend Cranwell this summer.

84scouse

SAC
Ok thanks folks.

I'm sure he (and my Dad) will ask... I'll check on the summer situation when I get there, so they can get it in early at the school..! :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods
There is no summer break at RTS this year that I'm aware of, only Christmas and new year are guaranteed.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

also regarding summer leave...

i'm hoping to be on the RTS intake on 24th October providing my fitness test and PRTC go smoothly..

i'm best man at my mate's wedding in cuba (going for 2 weeks on 2nd june 2013). providing i complete RTS before that date, what would be the likelihood of me being granted leave, as it is already booked - would it be honoured?

thanks,

chris.

Chris-d

What trade are you hoping to go into if you pass out of Halton? Do you know how long your trade training is?

Unless you are very lucky I would warn the groom you may not make it just to be on safe side.

Chris-d

What trade are you hoping to go into if you pass out of Halton? Do you know how long your trade training is?

Unless you are very lucky I would warn the groom you may not make it just to be on safe side.

hi i'm hoping for personnel support, it's the only trade i've put down, trade training is 16 weeks 2 days in MoD Southwick Park after Halton

if i did make the intake on 24th october i'd have around a month to play with, but would my leave be honoured as such and would they grant leave after such a short time being in service?

i've already booked it - i've only paid the deposit so i'm going to leave paying the rest until i know for sure if i get to Halton or not because it could be 5k down the swanny if i can't!

chris.

tats

Sergeant
I can't see you getting leave from Southpark, you also can't guarantee completing everything first time round/getting injured etc so your month you have to play with could rapidly disappear.

There's no harm in asking but I doubt you'll get it

84scouse

SAC
hi i'm hoping for personnel support, it's the only trade i've put down, trade training is 16 weeks 2 days in MoD Southwick Park after Halton

if i did make the intake on 24th october i'd have around a month to play with, but would my leave be honoured as such and would they grant leave after such a short time being in service?

i've already booked it - i've only paid the deposit so i'm going to leave paying the rest until i know for sure if i get to Halton or not because it could be 5k down the swanny if i can't!

chris.

No it's MoD Worthy Down for you in Winchester (Southwick Park is for scuffers)... and there was an intake for Pers support last week, so the next one is Jan/Feb.