• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions for car to replace ageing Fiesta

rocket scientist

Sergeant
[FONT=&quot]Can anyone suggest a 2-3 yr old daily driver (5 miles each way and the odd weekend trip out with the wife) for me that can be had around the £7K-8K mark that's quirky/fun? I'm thinking Fiat 500 but I'm sure there must be a few alternatives out there?[/FONT]

Kryten

Warrant Officer
When my heap was in having a new radiator fitted last week, the garage loaned me an 18 reg VW Polo BlueMotion 1.0 3dr. I have to say that I was quite taken with it - it had DAB radio, power steering, aircon - yes it was a bit gutless but if you are using it around town you'd hardly notice, and it averaged about 61mpg.

I only mention it because they have a 2014 Polo 1.0 TSI 95 SE 5dr available at £7,899 in Blackburn - it only has 21K miles on the clock.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Drove a Nissan Micra recently as a courtesy car. Very nice, loads of kit, drove well.

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
I purchased one of the new Vauxhall Viva's 2 years ago for Mrs Fold and it does exactly what she needs short commute to work and the odd long trip. Seats 4 adults comfortably (5 is a squeeze) but its been around the country with ease and will do motorway speeds Wish I had up rated the stereo for DAB but it may be standard on a newer model as they are a couple of years old you should be able to get one in your price range and with a bit more kit

fourteen2two

Corporal
Kia Picanto is good,well equipped zippy and long warranty,or Hyundai i 10 which is very similar.
Neighbour has one as well as Skoda Fabia which is a VW underneath but cheaper!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Allegedly tons of yank left hand drive muscle cars available in Mirramarham now because all the youths imported them, didn't factor insurance into running costs and don't have LOSLOA available to shore their extravagance up any longer! 😂😂😂

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Kia Soul, reliable, easy to get in and out of, and quirky, and for the sensible a 7 year warranty.

Wouldn’t bother with a diesel anymore, but for that mileage you might want to consider a PHEV or pure EV, I had a CHR the other month, bit pricey for you, but great fun trying to sneak up on people in electric mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Dacia Sandero. Not too many of them about on the roads, and you get a lot of car for your money.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mrs Dent changed to a Fiat 500 a few months ago. It's a 1.4, has a soft-top, is a bit like a Tardis in size and goes like billy-oh.

I reckon it ticks all the boxes for anyone who wants to have something different. It has a good range of features, is economical and sticks to the road like sh!t to a blanket.

rocket scientist

Sergeant
Right well, I went out car shopping at the weekend with a completely open mind and it looks like I'm going to need new curling tongs - I've got an immaculate low mileage Mx5, older than I wanted but a couple of grand cheaper.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Right well, I went out car shopping at the weekend with a completely open mind and it looks like I'm going to need new curling tongs - I've got an immaculate low mileage Mx5, older than I wanted but a couple of grand cheaper.

Mid life crisis?