• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stasi Britain.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Are all the 2nd home owners being excused from paying full council tax in the areas where they are no longer allowed to reside?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
New guidance issued by the chief police for the Police.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52312560

Have to laugh at the one for buying paint. You can buy paint for fences blown down in gales but not for decorating indoors. Remind me the last time we had gales.

Riddled with 'might be', 'likely to' etc etc. Nothing that they could, in a month of Sundays, act upon outside the act of 'please don't do this'. I think what the rozzers have to think about is that they are active, on their rounds, doing stuff. The vast majority of us aren't and this increasingly fragile accord we call a lock-down will be more likely to hold if people can keep busy.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Nice use of language, "grassed us up". Have you been reported justintime?
No far from it, but if you're the kind of person who invites all their mates round to play football or have a BBQ you won't be thinking you've been reported will you, you'll be thinking you've been grassed up.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
No far from it, but if you're the kind of person who invites all their mates round to play football or have a BBQ you won't be thinking you've been reported will you, you'll be thinking you've been grassed up.
And that is the problem with a lot of these people, they don't think they have done anything wrong, they have been grassed up for not doing something that everybody is doing.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Odd things on what's essential. My mate went to a local supplier of garden hardware and they would let you buy fence panels to repair/replace damaged panels but not fence paint to protect and preserve existing ones.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Odd things on what's essential. My mate went to a local supplier of garden hardware and they would let you buy fence panels to repair/replace damaged panels but not fence paint to protect and preserve existing ones.
Should shops have the power to decide what's essential or not.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'm feckin gutted. I endured countless TACevals, Minevals etc. The premise was that it would prevent, the police questioning you just for being out side, queuing outside shops for empty shelves, being suspicious of your neighbours. Just like in the Soviet Bloc. I feel let down fighting the cold war for nothing. :):):):)

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Here's the latest gem from Lancashire Police.
Police Response

We are already aware of footage circulating on social media regarding an officer's actions during an incident in Accrington yesterday (Friday, April 17). (1/2) https://t.co/L34v1Xe6Em

The matter is being investigated and has been referred to our professional standards department. It is clear from the footage the member of the public deserves an apology which we will attempt to provide him with today. (2/2) https://t.co/X01CGZkV10

IMG_20200418_214258.jpg

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
We were (and still are to a small degree) affected more than most by tourists, especially as Easter turned out to be a belter weather wise. Whilst the people sneaking down overnight and sending their luggage on ahead of them via couriers (so if they get stopped without any bags they look less like tourists) fill me with rage I have, over time, given this some thought and I have come to a position some might find unpopular.

Tourists are idiots for trying to travel...just wanted to get that out there and they deserve to be fined and turned around but what about 2nd home owners? At first I held them in the same contempt as people sneaking down to stay in a caravan but them I looked inwardly and thought 'what would I do in their shoes?

They own a home and pay council tax on it (not as many as you'd think down here don't). Now if I was sat in London at the peak of virus, people falling over dead around me etc I would be committed to protecting my family first. The viral loading in London is mental, enough to be killing fairly healthy medics, bus and train drivers etc. If I had a bolthole where the viral loading was virtually down to a 'whiff' I would try to get my wife and kids out of that sh1t? Who can blame a father for doing that? Same as leaving a place about to get bombed in a war? As long as you travelled believing you were symptom free and packed 14 days supply of food, drink and meds and isolated for 14 days on arrival the risk is minimal to the community your other house is in.

Not sure I can blame them...family first and always.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
The way I’m looking at this travel situation is that given we still have aircraft landing at Heathrow from countries ridden with the virus, illegal migrants coming across from France; the lockdown seems to be a moot point.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Last I heard about 5000 a day through terminal 5 Heathrow.
None of whom are being tested. I believe that there are more than a few Romanian fruit pickets being flown in. Guess our thousands of freshly unemployed citizens weren’t enough.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
None of whom are being tested. I believe that there are more than a few Romanian fruit pickets being flown in. Guess our thousands of freshly unemployed citizens weren’t enough.
Nobody wants to work for less than minimum wage

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Nobody wants to work for less than minimum wage

Just a personal opinion, but if it were me I would welcome the chance to work outside regardless of whether it paid the minimum wage or not - it would certainly beat being stuck indoors.